ELCS

(9 Posts)
haylezu85 Sat 21-May-16 22:56:59

I have an elective c section booked for the 8th of June if my baby doesn't turn by turn . How did any of you ladies find the experience and recovery?

wobblywonderwoman Sat 21-May-16 22:59:51

I had one emcs and one emls.

you will be fine. I felt a little tugging but it just feels wierd- not sore.

staff were reassuring and very pleasant.

the recovery doesn't happen overnight and I did find a slight weakness in my back for a little while after but feel good now.

pack colpemin and nighties. take a high strength arnica.

SlapACatFuckADuck Sat 21-May-16 23:04:21

I've had a Cat 1 emcs and an elcs I was home the next day with both (DS1 born at 7:50am and DS2 10:55am) Didn't take any pain meds once home but didn't push myself to hard! Was back to normal pain wise within a week or two. However people are different the woman next to me had been in 3 days and was still on the morphine!

Good luck!

haylezu85 Sat 21-May-16 23:07:19

Thank you for your replies smile . Everyone's experience is so different but nice to hear how others felt/ coped.

haylezu85 Mon 23-May-16 12:19:56

Just to ask do you have staples or stitches after a c section? Also when are they removed. I will be asking these questions on my next visit also

Whataboutwhathuh Mon 23-May-16 12:25:23

I had stitches, they dissolved, nothing to remove. It was a lovely calm experience and I wouldn't change it. Six weeks being unable to lift my two year old was more of an issue and my husband was abroad from 5 weeks post for several weeks and I just had to press on. Honestly, it was really ok.

haylezu85 Mon 23-May-16 12:31:44

Great thanks smile

Cakeymum Mon 23-May-16 15:43:12

had an ELCS as bubs was breech (ended up being a bit earlier than planned as waters broke)

Was very calm, had the radio planning while we were in surgery, even got the nurse to take pictures as the took him out! Everyone was calm and chatty with me.

Disolvable stitches, although some others at the same hospital had stitches that had to be taken out - depended on which surgeon you got and their preference

was only in 1 night, could get around if i was careful and was driving after 3.5 weeks (with docs permission!). Don't get me wrong, i was v v sore especially for a few days after and welcomed the paracetomol and ibuprofen but considering its major abdominal surgery its not so bad

laughing, coughing, sneezing was a little difficult ;)

haylezu85 Mon 23-May-16 16:09:20

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive outcome smile hopefully mine will go as smoothly as yours . I understand I need to go in with an open mind about my recovery time , I'm lucky as my other boy is nearly 11 and so willing to help out. Plus my partner will be home for his 2 weeks paternity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now