Private materity - delivery only consultant

(5 Posts)
pali1978 Thu 12-May-16 20:50:55

Hi - am pregnant with my second and, though NHS care for the first was largely OK, am pretty clear we l go private this time. I guess principally because I am terrified of not getting an epidural immediately if I want one (I'm sure I will) and because I would love our own family space (i.e. private room) to enjoy the first hours/day or two. My question is, does anyone know any consultants at the Lindo who do a delivery only package? I guess it's not going to make much difference to the cost but thought it worth exploring.
thanks for reading!

Teapot13 Sat 21-May-16 01:20:01

I have heard UCH do something like that but I have never heard anyone at Lindo doing it. Most consultants get booked up well in advance so I don't see why they would bother with a partial package. I would think there'd be concerns about doing the delivery when the consultant hasn't treated you throughout the pregnancy, but maybe not.

nicolasixx Sat 21-May-16 21:34:01

Just ring their secretaries as it will depend on who has a space in your month.

Baby2016 Sat 21-May-16 22:36:58

Does anyone know approximately how much it cost to have a delivery with a private doctor since I'm not qualify for NHS care?

Teapot13 Sun 22-May-16 03:43:00

We paid about £14,000 at Lindo about 3 years ago. Previous one (6 years ago) was more like £11,000.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now