Period after childbirth

(9 Posts)
sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 08:12:54

Hopefully this is the right place. I can't see where else it would go?

I had my baby 6 weeks ago tomorrow and had the after pregnancy bleed. This lasted until Monday but yesterday I started bleeding again (2 days after my post baby bleed stopped) is this my period or can you start with the post baby bleed again after it has stopped?

QueenMolotov Thu 14-Apr-16 11:06:57

Are you breast or bottle feeding atm?

I bottle fed dd1 and mixed-fed dd2, and with both my period came around 6w post-birth.

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 11:22:45

I mix fed for first 3 weeks but last 3 weeks have just been bottle feeding

winchester1 Thu 14-Apr-16 11:25:22

I'd think its your period I mixed fed for 6 weeks and got my period at 8 weeks.
Id take it easy just in case as started post birth bleeding again can be sign you are over doing things but not be too worried if it feels like a fairly normal period.

Congratulations on your baby flowers

QueenMolotov Thu 14-Apr-16 11:35:13

I would expect, then, that this is the return of your period. (Obviously, use contraception if you aren't planning to become pg again yet).

And congratulations on your baby thanks

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 14:42:46

I can't remember what a normal period for me feels like.
Is it bad if it's the post birth bleed again?

We went out for walks the last 2 days without a chaperone so I pushed the pram. I wouldn't say that was too much though?

MiniLop Thu 14-Apr-16 14:54:01

Congratulations on your baby! thanks
I got my first period about 2 or 3 weeks after stopping breastfeeding my DS, so yes it could be your period. My first 2 periods were very heavy (much heavier than they were before DS, more like the lochia again) so that's very normal. The also lasted much longer than usual, about 10 days. However if you're worried then do speak to your GP or health visitor.

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 20:58:59

Thank you for all your congratulations grin

It is heavy at the moment and the post birth bleed was pretty light for a number of days before it stopped so I really don't think it can be this if it is possible to have a period so soon after the bleed has stopped. Pretty annoying to have bled for over 5 weeks and then to get another straight after!

Timetogrowup2016 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:03:32

I'm nearly nine weeks post partum and have bottle fed from the start.
I have bottle fed from the start.
My lochia slowed down then stopped st six weeks ish and three days later I had a very heavy flow. It was my period so in would say yours is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now