early labour signs?

(6 Posts)
Cuppachaplz Tue 22-Mar-16 22:34:43

DS was born 13y ago by EMCS after failure to progress beyond 9cm for several hours.
My labour started with waters breaking and progressed rapidly with strong contractions, then stalled st 9cm. I can't remember any early signs, but it was a long time ago.

Coming up on 37w.
All afternoon, I've had regular cramps over the top of my bump, but accompanied (or rather followed) by baby moving its bottom/legs. I'm now feeling pressure on my cervix/pelvis, and keep feeling like I'm going to wet myself (I don't need to go, I've tried).
Could this be things starting, or just BH ramping it up a gear?

Peanutbutternutter419 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:48:06

Hi, I have been wondering the same as you as my first labour started out of nowhere with contractions and waters breaking and I had no prior warning. However I have been getting the same feelings as you over the past couple of days and although I thought they were just BH getting more intense, I'm starting to wonder whether they are mild contractions and things are getting started??
Do you get sharp pains when you feel the baby move down?

Cuppachaplz Tue 22-Mar-16 23:17:32

Yes, and feeling like I'm going to wet myself. Also stabbing pains around my cervix.

Peanutbutternutter419 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:24:47

We sound like we are experiencing the exact same...sorry no help to your OP! Hopefully someone will come along soon who has had this experience!

Peanutbutternutter419 Wed 23-Mar-16 08:44:26

How was your night cuppa?

Cuppachaplz Thu 24-Mar-16 10:44:07

Continued in the same vein during the day, but getting more and more uncomfortable. However it goes away over night.
Presumably this could go on for weeks :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now