40 weeks pregnant with nausea and diarrhoea

(8 Posts)
Luc28 Sat 27-Feb-16 11:27:14

Since Yesterday I have been very nauseous and then through the night had constant diarrhoea (sorry for the info) baby's head was 2/5 a week ago .... Not sure if that's good or bad! No cramps as such just can't settle, uncomfortable to sit, hurts when I stand. Waters definitely not broken and not sure if this could be body's way of preparing or just ill. Any advise? X

ThursdayLastWeek Sat 27-Feb-16 11:29:25

Rest, keep fluids up, make sure you know where your notes are smile

Good luck!

juneau Sat 27-Feb-16 11:34:09

This is a very common precursor to labour. The body often evacuates to prepare itself for labour. Hopefully you'll be having contractions soon! Do rest and keep your fluid levels up and if you feel very unwell call you MW or hospital/birth centre for advice.

Mumof2twoboys Sat 27-Feb-16 11:38:58

Stock up on lucozade sport or something with electrolytes

You will need the energy for labour soon and double check you have everything you need for the hospital

Something simple I forgot was a change of clothes to wear home again but had put in 5 different outfits for my baby

MissBeaHaving Sat 27-Feb-16 11:45:36

Luc28 this is how my labour started with my first Dd.
Hopefully you will have your beautiful baby very soon.
Good luck Op!

Murphyslaw21 Sat 27-Feb-16 11:46:56

Get bags packed . Starts like this for some

Lj8893 Sat 27-Feb-16 11:53:09

Hope your ready to have a baby op as it sounds like your about to have one grin good luck flowers

Luc28 Sat 27-Feb-16 11:55:44

Thank you all ... Il try and rest and hope something happens soon!
Mumof2twoboys Thanks for the tip 😊 Baby's got enough clothes for a month ... Think il re jig the hospital bag just incase xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now