Fanjo swelling / issues after c section? WTF?

(9 Posts)
BatMobile Thu 11-Feb-16 15:43:03

possibly TMI (in case you hadn't guessed from the title)

DS is three weeks old. He was born by planned c sec, so no labour / pushing / interventions etc. Over the past couple of days I've noticed a kind of swelling in my fanjo...feels like something is pushing down from inside hmm

Dr Google suggests this could be a normal reaction after a section, but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this? I'm going to go and see the GP next week just in case it's something sinister. My bleeding has been easing off nicely so I'm a bit surprised by this turn of events. blush

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 11-Feb-16 15:59:18

Yeah I got that. A sort of really heavy and dragging feeling. I can't remember how long it took to go away now <helpful> but all was well.

BatMobile Thu 11-Feb-16 16:59:44

Yeah that's it. I'm just worried that it's come about suddenly after three weeks.

As if we don't have enough shit to deal with after childbirth hmm

KatyN Fri 12-Feb-16 21:57:41

Are you doing your pelvic floors religiously?? That solves all manner of issues down there!!
Kx

BatMobile Sat 13-Feb-16 12:16:28

Ermmmm... Yes no

blush

rallytog1 Sat 13-Feb-16 20:58:53

I'm 3 weeks after my second cs. Have got this feeling now and I had it last time too. I was convinced I had a prolapse last time. So I think it is normal, if not a little annoying.

BatMobile Sun 14-Feb-16 04:26:03

rally I was worried it's a prolapse shock

rallytog1 Sun 14-Feb-16 19:10:14

If it helps, I went to the gp when I felt it last time and she told me it was totally normal and would go away in time. And it did. So do get checked if you're worried, but I think it's probably normal.

BatMobile Sun 14-Feb-16 19:32:33

Thank you. I actually think it might have got better already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now