Repeat ELCS at Birmingham Women's?

(2 Posts)
QueenMolotov Mon 18-Jan-16 11:00:46

I've just discovered I'm pg with dc3 and am 4-5 weeks. Very early days but I want to decide by my booking appointment where I'd like to deliver.

I had dd1 vaginally in 2009 but it was a long labour, she got stuck, I pushed for 2 hours and damaged my tailbone in the process. It's never been the same since. So, I requested an ELCS at Birmingham Women's Hospital for dd2 in 2012.

I got the ELCS in the end, but it was a horrible process to go through. The consultant I saw (Alex Pirie) was very unsupportive and unsympathetic and scared me witless with worst-case CS outcomes. However, he eventually agreed and the actual ELCS by him was amazing: no infections and I healed very well ... but I'm just not sure I could face him again. Brilliant ELCS experience, but very distressing getting to it with him.

I'm torn between going with who and where I know and hoping I wouldn't be pushed towards VBAC - I should have an easier time having has one CS already, right? Or should I try somewhere else? Should I go to The Women's again with the same consultant? Who else is good there, i.e. willing to grant a repeat CS/low infection rate/tidy work?

TIA

QueenMolotov Tue 19-Jan-16 19:45:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now