Have my waters broken? No contractions.. 9 days until due date!

(6 Posts)
emm2016x Thu 14-Jan-16 14:41:07

Sorry if this post is a bit weird but I'm confused as this is my first pregnancy so everything I am experiencing is completely new to me.

Me and my partner are very sexually active, usually we have sex every 1 or 2 nights but sometimes I get worried during sex about our DD who is due to arrive any time. I have been getting a lot of cramping lately like period pains but a bit stronger and the other night after sex, as usual we 'cleaned up' but in the night I still felt damp and warm down there almost like sweat. At first I thought it may have just been some leakage from his 'juice' but this wetness didn't have any odour.

I don't know if my waters broke because I've been back to normal for the past couple of days and pains have gone. I just don't know how long after waters have broken that contractions happen or will I just KNOW when my waters have broken.

Thanks for any info in advance smile also sorry about the graphic content blush

MrsJK Thu 14-Jan-16 14:45:26

Personally think this is quite common after DTD & at this stage your probably experiencing a higher level of discharge anyway.

If your concerned though call triage as they can do a test to confirm if your waters have gone or not.

LaLoose Thu 14-Jan-16 15:31:08

Just like you OP, I wondered how I would know when my waters had broken, as I experienced similar.

...But then they do. And you know.

It isn't a damp, warm feeling. It's a gush. Like someone has turned on a tap. After the initial shock, I couldn't stop laughing!

(Your waters haven't broken. If you're not sure, they really haven't.)

GOOD LUCK!!!

flowers

Iloveonionchutney Thu 14-Jan-16 16:10:00

I would say if your unsure, get checked. With my first they went with a gush, with my second I had a sweep and I was feeling slightly damp, thought it was perhaps my plug, not convinced it was waters at all. When labour started, at my first exam they could feel dd's hair, they had been slowly leaking since my sweep a couple of days before!

Dixiechick17 Thu 14-Jan-16 19:20:47

When my waters started going it was several small gushes, I got a small gush everytime stood and they were tinged eith pink.

Three hours later they properly went, I believe I described it as niagra falls at the time, absolutely loads.

Prior to going into labour from about 19 weeks I used to get a very watery odourless discharge, so it could be that. If in doubt call your midwife or triage yo get checked out.

ThatsIrrelephant Fri 15-Jan-16 19:02:29

If it wouldn't soak a pad, like pp have said, it's not your waters grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now