42+5 Days overdue - help!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
kimberleyholistic Mon 04-Jan-16 01:00:00

Hi,
This is a long shot, I am overdue and looking to find a midwife/doula, anyone with some experience where I can give birth at home.

I was due to give birth at UCLH birthing pool, but because I am overdue my 2 weeks (their records) 4 days (by my records, from date of conception) it has caused concern.

Long story short, I agreed to go in for monitoring baby's heart beat, whilst moving positions, baby's heart beat dipped (I know now is normal). Awful midwife called in consultants who were like animals. Standing around me telling me I am now high risk and I have to have an induction. They even said better an induction than a dead baby. I am a very strong woman and have really done my research on EDD dates, induction, truth about still births etc... Although I was in floods of tears and an emotional wreck, three hours of continuos monitoring, it was shown baby is healthy and so am I. At this point I was able to discharge myself. I am making an official complaint as they used fear and incorrect data to try and get me induced. Effing wrong!!!!

No way am I allowing these controlling and manipulative midwives to intervene. My question - is there any independent midwives out there or if anyone can recommend solutions to a home birth??

I am have labour pains slowly, but I truly baby won't come out until I feel safe. I am setting up a fb page to help all women stand their ground.

Thanks
Kimberley

ohnoppp Mon 04-Jan-16 01:05:07

Do you get on with your community midwife

Lickitysplit1 Tue 05-Jan-16 19:13:01

Hi Kimberley, I hope you have already had your baby and all went well.
I just wanted to say that as long as you feel happy with your decisions, that they are researched and you're confident you will accept the outcomes then stick to your guns.
I too discharged myself during induction as I felt I was being pressie red into things and I knew my dates are exact,and I had more time. Once I got home and could relax everything started off naturally and DC was born naturally very soon after. I went back and had him in the hospital-no problems at all.
Just because you can't use the birthing pool will it mean you have to have every intervention going either. You have the final say. You can still have a natural birth as you want. You can refuse monitoring and be as mobile as you like. Again, once you are confident in your decision and feel it is the right decision for you at that time.
I will say that I do understand that Drs/midwives do see the tragic cases, they don't want to see any one go through that. But you have to do what feels right for you too.
Good luck!

Lickitysplit1 Tue 05-Jan-16 19:13:53

Should have added that you may be too late to arrange a private midwife now.

blackkat1978 Wed 06-Jan-16 00:01:32

I hate to read about people being bullied by medical staff especially when it comes to the estimated date you get given. My mw tried to pressure me into monitoring based on the dates they had when I hadn't even reached 42 weeks. Luckily I phoned & spoke with a lovely SOM who was very helpful & with the pressure off I had my son at home at 41+6. I did have a lot of advice from a lovely group of ladies in the home birth facebook group, their have been quite a few on these who've had home births from 42-44 weeks. Also you should get in contact with the people at AIMS who should be able to help. No one can force you to go into Hospital to give birth. Good luck & I hope you get the birth you want away from the negativity

SaggingTits Wed 06-Jan-16 00:09:03

They shouldn't have said better to be induced than a dead baby but it is risky. They have to inform people of this and that it's high risk as the placenta can stop working. I went to 42+2 and mine did

blackkat1978 Wed 06-Jan-16 22:18:53

I'm sorry to read that st, all birth carries risk of some sort. The risk of still birth for 42 weeks is roughly the same as 37 weeks. There's obviously risks involved with inductions too. In France a woman isn't considered overdue until 43 weeks & surely they are no different. I hope the o p has had her baby & will let us know how it went. Hopefully she found more supportive medical staff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now