Advice please: UCLH vs RF

(4 Posts)
oakj Wed 16-Dec-15 19:06:20

I'm pregnant with my second baby but first to be born in London and am in the catchment area for the Royal Free (closest to me) and UCLH / also the Whittington. I had a fairly uncomplicated birth with my 1st baby and am hoping this will be the same but would like option of epidural. I've just heard a lot of horror stories recently about these hospitals and would love some advice in choosing one. Interested in hearing about ante and postnatal care too/ thanks!

ag123 Thu 17-Dec-15 23:31:25

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/2519285-Royal-Free-Hospital-Whittington-or-UCH
This provides a few recent experiences

ZoeRedbirdsLongLostSister Fri 18-Dec-15 11:11:31

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with DC3 and using the Whittington. I had both DS and DD there too and I've had a great experience. But I did have a EMCS and a ELCS so can't really comment on the labour ward.
I'm classed as high risk due previous pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes so I've had a lot of appointments this time around. I've always found the staff I've met are lovely. I feel like baby and me are being well cared for.
They can be very busy at times and being kept waiting isn't much fun but I expect that's what it's like for a lot of hospitals.

confusedbumbo Tue 29-Dec-15 21:43:56

I've not given birth yet but am 30 weeks and will have baby at uclh. So far the care has been quite good. I've seen a different midwife every time which I think is standard for busy London. I've always been seen on time which has really surprised me. Scans have been excellent, very in depth. UCLH also offers three scans as standard: 12 weeks, 20 weeks and 36 weeks.

Interested to hear your UCLH horror stories though!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now