Waters broken?

(9 Posts)
Bluewombler2k Thu 12-Nov-15 07:09:07

I think my waters have broken but not completely sure. At about 5.30am this morning and felt a very light 'pop' then felt my underwear get sognificantly damper but not saturated (sorry if tmi). Went to the loo and there was a pinkinsh tinge to it, no unrine smell and some more came out but not loads. I put a pad on new underwear and since then I've had just a tiny bit more come out, lots of baby movement but definitely no pain or much else really.
I don't want to waste their time in the maternity ward by phoning up too soon but do you think I should call them a bit later in case there is a risk of infection?
I went to the midwife yesterday for a sweep but she couldn't even reach my cervix as it was so posterior, bloody painful when she gave it a go though. she also said baby's head was quite low.

Just wondered if you could give me your opinions really?wink

Bluewombler2k Thu 12-Nov-15 07:10:03

Oh sorry, I'm 40+3. Thanks

icklekid Thu 12-Nov-15 07:10:36

Yes call and keep a pad in so they can test. My waters partly went they were able to confirm it was waters and then was induced when labour hadn't started 24h later...

randomsabreuse Thu 12-Nov-15 07:12:13

Pop sounds last like waters although mine went pretty late there was a definite pop I could feel despite contractions...

Dixiechick17 Thu 12-Nov-15 08:15:57

That's how my labour started, waters started going slowly with a pink tinge, contractions started an hour later, then my waters completely went with an almighty gush three hours later. Good Luck smile

Topsy34 Thu 12-Nov-15 09:51:54

Sounds like hind waters. Get walking and try to get contractions going.

Nhs insist on induction after 24 hours, but dont forget you can have monitoring and anti biotics instead

louise987 Thu 12-Nov-15 09:54:49

Sounds like the start of labour. I had the same experience.

Call the midwife/assessment centre and explain what's happened to them, as like others have said once waters have gone you won't be left due to increased risk of infection. A phone call won't take long and will put your mind at rest!

Best of luck!!

Threeboysandus Thu 12-Nov-15 10:01:16

Sounds like hind waters, give te maternity unit a call. You are not wasting anyone's time. They will see lots of women every day questioning the same. Bet of luck!! My labour with DS1 started like that, pains started a few hours later and waters gushed that evening wih a contraction x

Bluewombler2k Thu 12-Nov-15 12:47:04

Hi! Well, I've had nothing since 6am!! No more waters, no pain or anything! Baby is still moving around happily. Just spoke to the hospital again who said just to keep an eye on it for the next few hours and if anymore comes out I should then go in for a check up, but if nothing else then it could be something other than my waters breaking...it definitely wasn't a big wee! Ah well, we shall see.
Thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now