Braxton hicks overload - OK for the baby?

(5 Posts)
mrsvgs Wed 02-Sep-15 12:56:19

Am 39+5 and for the last 2 days I have had a braxton hicks lasting 90 seconds pretty much every 5-7 minutes throughout the day. They stopped overnight yesterday then kicked off again this morning. Not very painful, just some deep period pain like cramping each time. Am a little worried about the little lady - she has gone quite quiet today (although moving, its nowhere near as much as I am used to)...is it possible that this is causing her distress?
Im also of course wondering whether this is the beginning of labour but it doesn't seem to be progressing so maybe this is just more practice!

Millie2013 Wed 02-Sep-15 15:17:32

I'm not sure about the BH, but any reduced movement needs to be checked out. Chances are they'll just pop you on the monitor for a while, but it's definitely worth calling

ThereGoesaTenner Thu 03-Sep-15 17:24:48

I would get checked over but it's possible that it's just getting ready and I'm sure baby calms down when it gets closer. I had horrible braxton hicks days before I went into labour but at the time thought nothing of it until baby popped out.

Tfoot75 Fri 04-Sep-15 15:01:31

It sounds like the slow beginnings - I had the same braxton hucks becoming regular with cramps each evening for a few days before labour proper. I can also remember being worried about movements feeling different as well. It might be something to do with the head engaging even further but as pp have said, definitely get checked out if you're worried.

Tfoot75 Fri 04-Sep-15 15:02:07

Hicks not hucks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now