Which hospital Kings or Lewisham

(10 Posts)
Juno106 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:42:28

I've just found out that I'm pregnant and need to nominate my hospital - Kings or Lewisham? Does anyone have any good/bad stories of either?
Thanks!

MrsHooolie Thu 30-Jul-15 00:40:24

I've had one at each!
Lewisham,labour ward was good,post natal ward was shit.

Kings,fab everything!

However,this was back in '08 and '10 and Lewisham now has the lovely midwife led birth suite which apparently is fantastic.

hurryupandgetout Thu 30-Jul-15 02:05:50

lewisham labour ward is amazing. post natal ward is noisy but the care is excellent. I was booked into the lovely birth centre but had complications, and the staff at the birth centre were lovely too. Not a bad word to say about the place.

Juno106 Thu 30-Jul-15 22:33:18

Thanks ladies. I opted for Kings in the end as I do know that place and don't know Lewisham at all. Fingers crossed.

AmberLav Tue 04-Aug-15 13:07:46

I've had both mine at Lewisham, and I'm (touch wood) having my third there around Christmas time...

It's 7 minutes from my house, so for me it's a no brainer, as Kings is further away...

But always been very happy with it...

TurboTheChicken Tue 04-Aug-15 13:15:12

I had my first in King's I 2009 and my second in Lewisham in 2011, both are fine, although if I was going to choose I'd probably go for King's.

You can always change part way through the pregnancy if you need to, I swapped from Lewisham to King's when I was 5 months with number one due to some issues I had with a member of staff at Lewisham.

Orangeisthenewbanana Tue 04-Aug-15 13:17:30

Kings is great, except for the post natal ward, but that seems to be the case in most places!

lulalalala Tue 04-Aug-15 16:08:38

I had my second at Lewisham in January and it was fine. The care I had was really good - I was high risk due to previous severe pph and they really made sure that nothing went wrong this time.

Postnatal was good during the day, but a bit lacking at night. But tbh it was exactly the same at St Thomas's where I had my first.

Dads are allowed to stay on the postnatal ward overnight (though they have to sleep in the chair!) and I wish I knew this beforehand as I would've got my OH to stay the first night after my ELCS and do stuff for me. They were really short-staffed that night. I think there was only one midwife available on the whole of the post natal ward so I had very little help with baby and I couldn't get out of bed. Bit of a mare!!!

gloria2088 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:23:22

as kings is a teaching hospital i'd go for there

Lndnmummy Sun 16-Aug-15 19:57:03

Kings care is ourstanding but try to get home asap. A week on postnatal ward sent me over the edge..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now