signs of labour?

(13 Posts)
Flutterby24 Sat 13-Jun-15 07:46:17

Hi all my due date is tomorrow. All night I have had regular lower back pain just coming and going. It's very uncomfortable but not painful and no other pains. Maybe once every 10 mins. I realise it's not proper contractions but am wondering if it's a precursor or just braxton hicks. Sorry for my ignorance it's my first baby and I need to get straight to hospital once labour truly begins!

Christelle2207 Sat 13-Jun-15 08:01:54

I would call your hospital for advice. i has similar but then the contractions stopped! MW examined me and said not dilating at all ��. Three days later they started again, and after 12 hours they suddenly went from uncomfortable to very painful and I needed to get to hospital. First labours can be very drawn out.

Flutterby24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:28:45

Thanks Christelle - it turned into really painful contractions since last night but labour ward don't want me in until 2-3 mins apart. They are still averaging about 10. Never known pain like it! Also had bloody show this morning. I'm hoping things progress quickly as I'll be a gibbering wreck otherwise!

Flutterby24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:30:10

I thought they would want me in sooner as I have GD and GBS but apparently not!

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 10:45:33

Good luck OP!

Flutterby24 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:24:17

Thanks - they eventually became real contractions and I went I'm Sunday 6pm, gave birth 2.45 Monday morning to a little girl 7 lb 3. Labour experience was horrific (mostly thru lack of care ftom one professional) but the birth itself was amazing. If I were to answer my OP myself I would say they were pre contraction signs of things to come - the real contractions came Sunday morning and boy dis I know it!

Flutterby24 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:25:07

Sorry for the typos - am writing one handed while feeding little one!

Roseybee10 Wed 17-Jun-15 03:09:02

Aw congratulations. Sorry things were a bit brutal but well done you xx

ClearEyesFullHearts Wed 17-Jun-15 03:13:01

Aw. A baby!flowers

Lewaney3 Wed 17-Jun-15 03:15:07

Congratulations!

34+1 with twins and I'm wondering the same! I have dull back pain and tightenings :/

Number3cometome Wed 17-Jun-15 07:36:00

Congratulations! Lovely news

Flutterby24 Wed 17-Jun-15 11:33:16

Lewaney have you called the hospital? flowers hope youre ok. They were dull back pains for nearly a day before they became truly painful and moved to the front and thighs too. I used a boots pregnancy tens machine on my back which really helped.

Thank you for the well wishes I am enjoying getting to know little one (my pfb!) smile

heatherxo Wed 17-Jun-15 12:13:56

I'm 35+6, and since yesterday I've had really bad lower backache/period-like cramps.
All this morning I'm getting irregular tightening's which are quite painful, although I've never actually had/noticed Braxton hicks before so I don't know if that's what it is? Its pretty painful and lots of pressure down below too but as I said, they are really irregular

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now