Still bleeding 7 weeks after birth

(12 Posts)
moomoob Sun 12-Apr-15 22:34:15

Had a normal birth 7 weeks ago no intervention no stitches etc, however I'm still bleeding some days it's just when I wipe & I think it's stopping then it's like a light period and I need to wear a pad again. It's been like this now for the past 5 weeks surely it should have stopped by now?
I started taking the mini pill (cerazette ) 4 weeks ago im not sure if the bleeding is normal post birth bleeding or some sort of breakthrough period bleed from the pill. When I took the mini pill before ttc I had no periods whatsoever so I'm not sure what to think.
My 6 week check isn't until 9 weeks I've been unable to get this brought forward sooner.

amazegumball Sun 12-Apr-15 22:40:07

I had this and knew it wasn't right. Around the 7 week mark I passed a huge blood clot. Turns out I had some retained placenta !
Get it checked out! I kept getting fobbed off by docs saying I was doing too much. I wasn't and knew something wasn't right.

strawberry01 Sun 12-Apr-15 22:43:31

Hi I stopped daily bleeding at around 3 weeks thereafter it was quite stop/start (so wore pads most days). I got my first period at about 8 weeks after giving birth and then the bleeding completely stopped. Periods very regular since then also. I am not on any form of contraception though.

moomoob Sun 12-Apr-15 22:49:12

Thanks amaze I'm going to ask to speak to the practice nurse tomorrow instead of being fobbed off by those bitch receptionists. I never bled this long in previous pregnancy's, I've got 3 dc so no chance of much rest ha ha grin

SquidgyMaltLoaf Sun 12-Apr-15 22:54:07

I bled until 12 weeks...!

Fattycow Sun 12-Apr-15 22:55:05

7 weeks isn't uncommon at all.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 12-Apr-15 22:57:44

I bled for about 7-8 weeks with both of mine. Just when I wiped some days, more on other days when I overdid it a bit. Was definitely still bleeding at my 8 week check and didn't bother the GP.

Roseybee10 Mon 13-Apr-15 18:01:10

I bled for 7 weeks off and on with my first. Think the end of it was a period.

Poolbirthx2 Tue 14-Apr-15 21:08:14

I bled for 3 months after my second birth, i was worried but doctor said it is normal and everyone is different. With my first i only bled for4 weeks x

Jackiebrambles Tue 14-Apr-15 21:11:28

I wish i could remember exactly but I bled for ages, 8 or 9 weeks.

It was smelly too towards the end and I was paranoid it was an infection and I remember googling and searching mumsnet posts!

It was all fine though, lochia can take a while to get through your system I think.

Laurensr Fri 17-Apr-15 17:59:46

Hi ladies

I gave birth 8 weeks ago, bled for about 3 weeks then stopped for a week then started although it's not as bad, only blood when I wipe pink and red blood. I stupidly googled my symptoms and now I'm totally paranoid I've got cervical cancer. I had a difficult 2nd degree tear with stitches and at my 7 week check up doctor said it hasn't healed yet and if I was to have sex it would rip open! Advice please ladies very worried

Becstar83 Fri 26-Feb-16 21:44:55

Hiya

I'm new to this. I had my daughter 7 weeks ago and practically stopped bleeding at 3 weeks then started cerazette only to start heavy bleeding 8 days later. It lasted for 12 days but now it's only now and then. I haven't gone more than 16 hours without bleeding but it's hit and miss. Is this my pill causing it? My GP really didn't seem concerned when I asked! It's really depressing me now angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now