Will birth of Dc2 still be faster 12 years after Dc1??

(3 Posts)
Pantstootight Tue 02-Sep-14 11:25:10

Help, I've really started to worry myself about giving birth for the 2nd time.

My 1st DD was born 12 years ago after only 5 hours of labour. It was agonisingly painful but quite quick. I had her in a European country and was given no pain relief whatsoever.
Since becoming pregnant again with my new partner, 12 years on, I had convinced myself that 2nd babies usually arrive much more quickly and so I should be in for a relatively easy time.
However, I've statred to wonder, after 12 years, will the 'way out' have closed rather alot and it'll be like giving birth for the first time all over again?

Please, I'd really love to know if anyone has had a 2nd baby arrive faster than 1st one even after many years have passed! Am worrying alot now!!

MissFruits Tue 02-Sep-14 20:59:37

I am currently pregnant with Dc2 after 9 year gap and I asked my midwife the same question! She said because there is a fairly large gap its about 50/50 as to whether I labour like a first timer again (in terms of length of labour) but the pushing stage should be quicker.

I am hoping it will be quicker and easier this time but guess I will have to wait and see

AnythingNotEverything Tue 02-Sep-14 21:02:51

I had a long gap, longer than yours, and second labour was much quicker in every way.

I also had a lovely confidence from knowing that I could do it. Try take strength from your experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now