baby given wrong breast milk

(2 Posts)
Poppet77 Tue 26-Aug-14 12:47:23

I am slightly concerned about an incident at the hospital where I gave birth to my baby by c section 3 weeks ago. I am sure my baby was syringe fed the wrong colostrum from the fridge (taken by the midwife) on the night after my c section. I was not really with it and didn't realise at the time, but only the next day I realised that the label was different (wrapped around the syringe where mine was in a labelled bag with no label on it). The hospital have admitted a mistake may have been made but have sort of just shrugged their shoulders and said there was nothing they could do and that I should make an appointment with my GP if I have health concerns about my baby ( ie get her tested for infection!). I know the probability is low but I am a bit worriedand feel that the hospital needs to be held more accountable for a potentially dangerous error. But not sure where I stand or what I can do. Anyone have similar stories or suggestions of a way forward?

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm sure your baby is absolutely fine but I'd start by contacting your local PALs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now