c section pain what went snap

(8 Posts)
frankiebuns Mon 18-Aug-14 22:02:49

Had my c section this morning and it was really uncomfy. But before they delivered her i felt a huge twangy snap followed by them saying swabs suction was it a vein yhat went or wgat it was uncomfy my emcs was better!

rightsaidfred Mon 18-Aug-14 22:19:36

I've had 2 sections - My guess would be that was them breaking your waters- hence suction (for the waters) and swab(to screen for infection/ meconim)
Extremely unlikely to be a vein I would have thought as they are floppy and wouldn't make a snapping sensation or sound

Shouldwego Mon 18-Aug-14 22:35:08

If they hit a vein or artery you know, there will be a big splutter of blood. Happened with my c section, I could see the splurt right up the surgeons shoulder! It was stopped very quickly though.

Shouldwego Mon 18-Aug-14 22:35:35

Congratulations by the way smile

frankiebuns Mon 18-Aug-14 22:45:25

I was covered in blood so was surgeon. Heaed a big snap then small one i felt horrendous when yhey happened

RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock Mon 18-Aug-14 22:47:45

Ask if someone can talk though the c-section with you. At least you will not be forever wondering.

frankiebuns Mon 18-Aug-14 23:17:32

Didnt tjink of that! Will tomorrrow im curious

Shouldwego Tue 19-Aug-14 18:07:27

It may well have been a vein then.

I had a debrief about my first birth, and went through my notes step by step with a midwife. Was a couple of years later but very interesting and useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now