Third degree perineal tear

(4 Posts)
bronnie98 Sun 17-Aug-14 22:59:02

Hello, I am new to this, hope I am posting in the right place... this is my third attempt smile

Long story short I had a 3b tear after the traumatic birth of my boy 5.5 months ago. Physio hasn't worked and saw a colorectal surgeon this week but I have had so many referrals feel like I am getting nowhere.

Main problems are urge incontinence, flatulence and muscle spasm with a lot of pain, apparently the problems should have settled down by now but they haven't. I couldn't imagine trying to have sex.

Could anybody who has had similar ongoing problems help with some advice on when they finally healed (if ever) and how? Don't need to know birth story just the after care bit. I am under the impression the nerves and muscles etc should have healed by now. I don't want to be like this forever, some days I am scared to leave the house.

Thank you in advance smile

Jellyrollgumdrop Sun 17-Aug-14 23:05:51

Try posting here.www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/777985-Continued-support-for-SPHINCTER-INJURIES-FISTULAE-and-other-CHILDBIRTH-INJURIES
Btw empathise with you totally.

bronnie98 Sun 17-Aug-14 23:18:58

Thank you!

cravingcake Wed 20-Aug-14 03:20:03

I had a 4th degree tear almost 3 years ago and it took a long time to feel anywhere near normal again. It was somewhere between 9 months to a year before things really settled to a 'new' normal. I still suffer from urge incontinence but i also have a significant bladder prolapse (& small bowel one too) which i'm having surgery for in a couple of months.

There is a newer support thread than the one linked, its now the third Ragged Bits one - its a slow moving thread so not always on the main page but a few of the regulars on there do check it often. Come join us on there if you want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now