Scared

(4 Posts)
Maz1981 Thu 14-Aug-14 05:17:21

I'm pregnant with #2 & I'm 39w+2days, I'm kinda scared I'm not going to get to hospital on time for an epidural. With my first baby I was induced at 40w+3d and given the epidural at 5cm dilated but I was having contractions 10 min apart but didn't feel a thing, not even a cramp so I don't even know what a contraction feels like.im just worried I might go to far at home and then be told its too late to get epidural :@, I know it's not the end of the world but I had a fantastic labor with #1 would love a repeat smile. Anyone else had similar experience ??

poppadompete Thu 14-Aug-14 19:11:23

Not had same experience but they gave me epidural at 9cm so I'm sure you'll be fine!

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Thu 14-Aug-14 19:14:13

Call the hospital as soon as you start to feel contractions. Tell them then that you definitely want an epidural.

I know plenty of people that were told it was "too late" so if you're sure that's what you want, be insistent and don't let them fob you off.

Maz1981 Fri 15-Aug-14 04:15:54

Thank you smile will definitely call !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now