When did you periods return..

(14 Posts)
Poolbirthx2 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:20:32

Dd is 7 weeks old, I stopped bleeding at 5 weeks but not had a period yet. Is this normal?

Tia

bexleigh Sun 20-Jul-14 22:07:06

Are you breastfeeding or formula? As long as you're mainly breastfeeding it's unlikely you'll get periods. Our DS is 7 weeks too and I'm not expecting a period any time soon as I'm breastfeeding until at least 6 months.

And I'm pretty sure even if you're formula feeding it can take some time for things to become regular again.

mrsleomcgary Sun 20-Jul-14 22:34:39

After I stopped bleeding think it was roughly 4 weeks so sounds normal to me.

But yes depends on feeding as breastfeeding means they'll certainly take longer coming back if they do at all while breastfeeding.

Victoria2002 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:44:59

I was exclusively breastfeeding, periods returned about 7months after birth once my sd was night-weaned.

Frizz1986 Mon 21-Jul-14 05:19:11

Totally normal.
I am breastfeeding and after bleeding for 9 weeks post birth i am still lucky to not have had my period yet and dd is almost 7 months. She has just started to sleep for 9hrs at night so expect it could show up soon.
Breastfeeding however doesnt mean it wont come back. I have two friends who exclusively breastfed and theirs came back at 12 weeks!

OwlCapone Mon 21-Jul-14 05:55:49

My three babies were exclusively breastfed and my periods were back within about 2 months each time.

WildCherryBlossom Mon 21-Jul-14 06:06:11

I breast fed for almost a year each time. Periods didn't come back even when down to one feed every 24 hours. They came back almost exactly 2 weeks after the last feed.

cathpip Mon 21-Jul-14 06:11:16

I have formula fed two babies and am currently breast feeding number three, my periods returned at precisely 6 weeks post birth with all three!

CulturalBear Mon 21-Jul-14 15:24:27

10 and a half months - breastfed until 11 and half months but mixed fed (with formula and normal food) from 7 months. He had a spell of sleeping through around 10 months so I think that kicked the hormones back to normal then.

7Days Mon 21-Jul-14 15:28:26

bfing and 6 weeks.

from this thread it turns out everything is normal!

patchesmcp Mon 21-Jul-14 16:50:52

Breastfed DS and I got my period back around 9 months after the birth. I'm currently breastfeeding DD and I got them back the other month when DD was almost 13 months old. I've only had about 4 periods in about the last 4 and a half years and I'd forgotten how awful they are. I've also just started getting spots again too sad

Diamondsareagirls Wed 23-Jul-14 10:49:41

About 4 weeks after I stopped bf.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Wed 23-Jul-14 12:18:10

First baby - took about 8 or 9 weeks, iirc (she was stillborn, so no bf).

Second baby - 11 months. Period returned exactly 4 weeks after I went back to work. DD2 was ebf until then, then had formula at nursery and bf at home. I carried on bf at night and on my days off, but that must not have been enough.

melliebobs Thu 24-Jul-14 23:27:53

I bf DD for 8 months. periods returned 2 months after and were regular (and really heavy compared to pre DD) strait away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now