ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Pain relief pros and cons..

(4 Posts)
BeanyIsPregnant Thu 10-Jul-14 12:41:57

I'm 37w and tried to speak to my mw today about the options for pain relief in labour and the pros and cons (I know some can make you feel sick/ reduce contractions/ drowsy baby once born etc) and her only reply?

'They are all safe'

She's bloody useless. Rather irrationally upset about it tbh, so does anyone have a link to a good site that can literally tell me pros and cons of pain relief in labour? I've had a quick google but I want something easy to read, like a table (!) instead of paragraph upon paragraph!!

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Thu 10-Jul-14 13:34:21

This?

SockQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 13:35:37

Have you seen the Obstetric Anaesthetists Association website? www.labourpains.com/UI/Content/Content.aspx?ID=5 I couldn't find a handy table on there but they have some very straightforward information leaflets about pain relief for labour (and other options like if you need a CS) with information about risks and benefits.

BeanyIsPregnant Thu 10-Jul-14 13:49:26

Thank you so much guys flowers
Had a good read and now feeling much better.. May even jot a few bits down in a birth plan style thing, although I know it's likely to go to pot on the day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now