Is this a "show"?

(6 Posts)
Eminybob Tue 08-Jul-14 22:35:52

I'm 37 weeks and a couple of times today I've been to the toilet and there has been mucous like stuff on the tissue. Very much like egg white cervical mucous when ovulating.
I believed the mucous plug to be more bloody or coloured, but this is clear.
So any experts around? Is this a show, and if so how long roughly til labour? (Hopeful!)
Or is it just discharge?

Also been having period like cramps for a few days but only mild

Bigbird01 Tue 08-Jul-14 23:11:12

Not exactly an expert - I've only gone through it once...
It doesn't sound like a show. When I had mine it was a very definite 'lump' of stuff (albeit soft). I can't help on the when does labour kick in. My show was after a sweep and didn't actually trigger labour for me...

Mrsgrumble Tue 08-Jul-14 23:14:36

I had a lot of that for the last few weeks.

The show is pinky or red. The period pain seems more of a sign. You might not have that long. Get yourself to bed and if you start painting windowsills or something... You're on your way grin

Good luck and safe and healthy delivery.

Eminybob Wed 09-Jul-14 09:11:12

Thanks.

This is just the beginning of driving myself crazy with symptom spotting isn't it? grin

whatever187 Thu 10-Jul-14 13:35:19

Hi OP congratulations and good luck. I am 37+4 and a week ago thought I had a show and since then absolutely every niggle or trouble I have had, from constipation (sorry tmi lol) to sore nipples or a twinge in my groin has had me symptom spotting for labour. However, your mucus plug and come away and labour still may not occur for weeks. This is my second and I was well overdue with my last, so I keep hoping that this time he will come sooner (wishful thinking I know) I am sure your lo will be along in their own time, but I sympathise with your eagerness. It is true that one day we will look back and wonder why we were so impatient, but that does nothing to make us less keen haha. I hope everything goes well for you.

BeanyIsPregnant Thu 10-Jul-14 13:45:44

I've had this for a few weeks now, I'm currently 37w, I hope it's not a show!! I think it's meant to be more bloody, but I never had a show with my dd...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now