passing a clot a week after delivery

(10 Posts)
ceara1 Sun 06-Jul-14 16:50:15

Hi all im new to this iv had my fourth baby 8days ago yesterday morning I passed a small clot but last night I passed a 2and a half inch clot it was like a piece of liver is this dangerous my bleeding has been very light today like next to nothing also looking at my notes before leaving hospital it said my membranes were slightly ragged

ceara1 Sun 06-Jul-14 16:51:17

Tanks everyone in advance smile

CaractacusPotts Sun 06-Jul-14 16:52:57

Have you lost anything since? I had a massive PPH a week after delivery but my clots were as big as my hand and I was loosing a considerable amount of blood too.

Please keep an eye on things.

OurMiracle1106 Sun 06-Jul-14 17:00:10

Two days after I had my little boy I passed similar, it was about the size of a golf ball maybe a bit bigger but very little bleeding. I was still in hospital and was told not to worry about it unless I had severe bleeding or passed anymore.

Maybe phone the out of hours centre near you just to be sure?

ceara1 Sun 06-Jul-14 17:00:14

Ok thanks would it be a good sign that the bleeding is calmed down

Trinpy Sun 06-Jul-14 17:02:51

I was told by labour ward that they like to know if you've passed a clot bigger than a £1 coin. You could always call for advice?

I passed a few clots of similar size in the 2 weeks after childbirth. Always happened after I'd been pushing myself too far physically, e.g. walking a lot or doing housework. Do you think you might have overdone it?

ceara1 Sun 06-Jul-14 17:09:26

I was busy around after the other kids maybe that might have something to do with it

slightlyinsane Sun 06-Jul-14 17:12:55

With my 3rd I passed a tennis ball sized clot, bit of a shock. Phoned labour ward and they weren't bothered after asking a few other questions. Give them a ring if you're worried.

ceara1 Sun 06-Jul-14 17:56:38

The bleeding has now turned to brown spotting could this be a sign that the bleeding is going to return worse

ceara1 Sun 06-Jul-14 17:56:55

The bleeding has now turned to brown spotting could this be a sign that the bleeding is going to return worse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now