planned caesarean but think am in early stages of labour

(18 Posts)
MaryAnnTheDasher Mon 16-Jun-14 06:19:26

Hi, just need some advice. I have an ELCS booked for 9 days time but had a small bloody show yesterday morning and continuous brown tinged discharge since. I'm also having on and off irregular relatively painless, but uncomfortable Contractions.

My dilemma is that I can't risk going into actual labour, this will be cs number 3. i was told straight after cs 2 by the surgeon that I have alot of scar tissue and if i were to ever have number 3 it would have to be ELCS.

when i called MW yesterday she was non plussed about the show which is fair enough but should i be going to be checked over at this point? I feel like i should but the hosp.im with is not the best in that I've never seen same mw twice and none of this is in my notes - and i feel like theyre going to think I'm just over reacting

i know,the answer is to call.them but wanted to know if anyone had similar experience and if anyone knew what general procedure was in this situation?

thanks in advance!

Mumof3xox Mon 16-Jun-14 06:20:56

I would call the labour ward and I bet they will get you in to be checked

ivykaty44 Mon 16-Jun-14 06:21:41

Call the hospital and ask if you can come in so they can check you over...good luck

meditrina Mon 16-Jun-14 06:30:38

That's an unusual reaction from a MW, as this is a common enough circumstance.

Yes, you need to go and be checked. If you are showing signs that labour is indeed starting, then when VB is contraindicated, then CS ASAP.

So yes, ring the labour ward.

You might have your baby later today! Hope all goes well.

MaryAnnTheDasher Mon 16-Jun-14 06:44:17

Thanks all for speedy replies. I'll get my kids off to nursery and give them a call!

MaryAnnTheDasher Mon 16-Jun-14 08:02:13

Update: going in to get checked over. Will prob be sent home but is worth it for peace of mind smile

this happened to me. I had dd2 within 3 hours by emcs (m only by timescale). it was a shock tbh at 37 weeks. but pretty cool.

let us know how you get on?

MaryAnnTheDasher Mon 16-Jun-14 12:19:53

Am now prepped and waiting for anaesthetist, apparently c section in about 2 hours! Not sure I've quite computed what is going on.. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

PestoSurfissimos Mon 16-Jun-14 12:22:09

Good luck! How exciting to be having your new baby so very soon smile

marne2 Mon 16-Jun-14 12:24:15

Good luck grin xxx

CarCiKoTab Mon 16-Jun-14 12:27:48

Good luck! See I think we all need to make our instincts heard, we do actually know what's for the best!

Xcountry Mon 16-Jun-14 12:37:04

Its not actually that unusual if your NHS trust is as crap as ours, the only way I ever got things done is by calling and being firm. Tell them you are coming in to be checked.

MaryAnnTheDasher Tue 17-Jun-14 08:23:36

Just wanted to update this again in case anyone looking for similar advice in future. Had my caesarean and the surgeon told me i had done the right by coming in as my womb was very thinly stretched (big baby) and there was definitely a risk of rupture. So if you're in my position in the future go straight to hospital to get checked out!

theborrower Tue 17-Jun-14 09:07:03

Congratulations on your new baby! Hope you are both recovering well smile

fattycow Tue 17-Jun-14 10:48:43

Congratulations!

PestoSurfissimos Tue 17-Jun-14 10:52:26

thanks congratulations and brew

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Tue 17-Jun-14 10:55:24

Glad it went well. Congratulations!

I was going to say that contractions do not necessarily 'hurt', especially after the first babies and frequency is important too, and you have to do what xcountry said about being firm (from someone who would have had prem twins at home if she had listened to midwife)

CarCiKoTab Tue 17-Jun-14 11:09:09

Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now