Views on London's private maternity doctors please

(11 Posts)
LV2810 Fri 23-May-14 22:21:24

Hi all,

I had my first baby privately at Queen Charlotte's Hospital in 2012. I was under the care of Sailesh Kumar - who was amazing and I could not fault him. As I understand it, he has now emigrated to Australia - good for him, but bad for me sad

I recently saw this article

www.tatler.com/guides/doctors-guide/2013/search?MainCategory=Gynaecology%20and%20Obstetrics%20-%20Obstetrics%20and%20Fetal%20Medicine

He is recognised as very good. Now he is gone and we are confused about who to see.

The list recognises the following obs:
Dr. Gubby Ayida - Chelsea and Westminster
Dr. Sailesh Kumar - Queen Charlotte's (this is who I have chosen)
Dr. Karl Murphy - London Maternity Centre
Dr. Tiong Teoh - Lindo Wing
Guy Thorpe - Beeston - Portland/Chelsea and Westminster

Can anyone recommend anyone else at Queen Charlotte's? Or recommend any of the above? Or anyone else?

My preference is a private wing in an NHS hospital for obvious reasons.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice

avacat Tue 27-May-14 00:18:13

I had my baby under the care of Dr Kumar Kunde at the Lansdell Suite(now known as the Westminster Maternity Suite) and would recommend him

FiloPasty Tue 27-May-14 00:21:32

I had Dr Wimlasundera (apologies I've spelt that wrong) deliver my twins by c section in 2010. I would highly recommend him and the aftercare I received at Queen Charlotte's. Not sure if he is still there.

Sweflo Wed 28-May-14 10:59:59

I just had my 3 baby at Portland Hopital under Proff Ellie's Downes.
Could not recommend him high enough. He has been absolutely brilliant from start to finish. You can read my birth story "3 child not what I expected" will post it now

Loopylouu Wed 28-May-14 14:57:53

Dr Zhang at the lindo wing, St.Marys.

She's amazing. She actually took pity on me and didn't section and care on the nhs in the end.

Loopylouu Wed 28-May-14 14:59:18

Dr Mccarthy at queen charlottes is also very good, I met with him a few times too.

helenlouisey Sun 01-Jun-14 21:07:41

Hi, I'd also highly recommend Mr McCarthy at QC, he is excellent and looked after me through two difficult and high risk pregnancies. Mr Kumar did all my scans and looked after me when mr McCarthy was away, and I agree he is fantastic and must be a big loss to the hospital. Best of luck finding someone. X

LV2810 Sat 07-Jun-14 10:22:12

Thanks everyone for all the feedback... might try and see if Mr McCarthy is available.

What do people think of the care at the Portland?

Any views?

Sweflo Sun 08-Jun-14 00:38:39

Just had my baby there. Can't praise it enough I had 2previous children one in Sweden and one in NHS. The care was beyond anything I previous experienced. I ended up with en emergency c-section and lost a lot of blood. Had to spend one night in their HDU department which is on sight.

Staff, rooms food everything is amazing.

celestialsquirrels Sun 08-Jun-14 00:57:02

Thorpe beeston no. Nick Wales yes. Teoh yes.

ShadyLadyT Wed 11-Jun-14 22:17:58

Lorin Lakasing who works with Karl Murphy and does births at the Lindo and the Portland is brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now