George Eliot or University Hospital of Coventry?

(6 Posts)
MrsBon Mon 12-May-14 10:29:28

Hi all,
I am due to deliver in a few weeks.. And suddenly very confused which hospital to go for due to mixed reviews online.sad Any experiences at the labour/maternity ward at the hospitals in the title are welcome, and would help me decide better. Thanks in advance.smile

aylesburyduck Wed 14-May-14 14:51:55

University Hospital!

Wouldn't consider GE. I don't live in the area now but a number of friends who have had babies at GE haven't been impressed.

My cousin's wife had their daughter at UHCW, couldn't be more impressed with her experience.

2ndBubba Wed 14-May-14 15:42:51

Definitely university hospital, I had ds1 there 2 yrs ago & ds2 8 weeks ago! I found all the staff lovely & helpful. They've also got the lucina birth centre now which opened in sept. Unfortunately I had to be induced so couldn't use it but I've heard very good things about it. With ds2 I ended up with a emcs & the staff were fantastic! I felt safe & reassured in what was quite a scary situation! smile

MrsBon Thu 15-May-14 22:37:40

Thanks a lot ladies for sharing your experiences.. Will help me decide smile

Writerwannabe83 Fri 16-May-14 15:57:01

I had DS via CS 8 weeks ago at UHCW and I have no complaints. The staff were all lovely and friendly and efficient. The ward was nice too, four beds to a bay which was modern and always tidy. I would always opt for UHCW over GEH.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 16-May-14 16:05:13

I wonder if we crossed paths 2ndBubba grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now