Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Birth centre - will miss out due to midwife getting weight wrong

(3 Posts)
Sickandtired14 Wed 07-May-14 12:33:49

I am now 21 weeks pregnant and weight around 98 kilos. I was weighed at booking in, in January wearing jeans and jumpers and boots at 100.5 kilo which makes my bmi 36. My birth centre only accepts up to 35bmi.

I have just been to an appt where I convinced them to weigh me again as I was adamant that my weight and bmi was wrong In My record, the agree and I proved my weight was lower and only 35bmi. Despite this they refuse to change the record which means I will not be able to use the birth centre. This may seem trivial but I was hoping to as used it last time and it was amazing and also, I should be able to if they hadn't messed up my record.

The hospital are being really stubborn about this despite the obvious error and it is really upsetting me. They have even agreed - in officially - that the can see the mistake but the refuse to rectify it.

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do and I just have to accept it but I'm really upset.

CantUnderstandNewtonsTheory Wed 07-May-14 15:47:06

Thats utterly ridiculous! shock I would be kicking up a huge fuss iiwy. Call the supervisor of midwives and pals asap and if that doesn't work I would consider making an official complaint. At 21 weeks you still have plenty of time to sort this out but its better to get on it soon so that you don't have this stress hanging over you for the rest of your pregnancy.

puddock Wed 07-May-14 15:50:06

Don't give up, this is daft. SOM should be able to overrule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now