The pill after birth

(6 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Tue 06-May-14 14:03:23

When did you start it? First day of first period? I'm formula feeding and day 21 post birth so expecting first period in the next couple of weeks though I still have lochia. And did the pill take long to regulate your cycle?

Millie3030 Tue 06-May-14 14:39:08

When you go for your checkup to be signed off by your GP (is it 8weeks?). Get the pill then, they changed mine to a different one as I was post baby.

Pill regulated me straight away and had my usual 'pill period' after the 21 days.

if you take it from today then you are covered straight away against pregnancy. You dont need to wait until the first day of your next period or for your 6/8 week check.

bonzo77 Tue 06-May-14 14:53:38

I think you start it at 21 days for contraception immediately. I started it then.

Chunderella Fri 09-May-14 19:49:55

I didn't know about the 21 day thing, got the prescription at the 6 week check and started taking it at my next bleed which was about 8 weeks. I'd had something the week before that may or may not have been a period, GP suspected it was, so I guess that was cycle re-establishing itself. Formula fed too, from early on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now