After how long in labour can you get an induction?

(2 Posts)
GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 05-May-14 19:38:57

I have an 18 month old dd. From starting regular contractions (every 5-8 minutes, lasting about one minute) until birth, it was 72 hours. I just wasn't progressing. After 24 hours of agony, I was begging for pain relief, induction, cs- anything. I was sent home (the midwives were horribly rude, but that's just symptomatic of overstretched London hospital rather than my labou. Didn't help though.).
Basically I didn't sleep for 3 days and was eventually induced after about 60 hours. We're thinking about TTC again soon and I'm scared. I want reassurance next time that I won't be allowed to go that long because it's bloody difficult to have a baby when you haven't slept for 3 days. Does anyone know if they can give that kind of reassurance? I know all labour are different but it would really help me If they could.

naty1 Tue 06-May-14 20:13:01

I had v similar experience. I had back to back labour so agony.
My waters broke at home (having been sent home for no progress at 2cm. ) went back after that but still 2cm.
They wanted to sent home again. Had been allowed no g&a, i didnt want to.
I was given pethidine, begged for induction they said no.
I started feeling too hot, had temperature and they decided i had an infection.
Eventually induced but that took more than 12h still.
I think they only did it due to the temperature.
When i went in after water breaking they wouldnt even check cervix very easily said chance of infection - but i needed the pain relief.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now