When did your periods go back to normal?

(7 Posts)
kaatieexox Sat 03-May-14 23:01:33

Hi, not sure if i have posted in the right place but just wondering when your periods went back to normal after having a baby.

I had my DS 14 weeks ago and bled for about 2/3 weeks after having him, i then had my first proper period (i think) in march, round about the 15th. It lasted about a week, bad cramps, quite heavy, I used to have it easy, light flow and no cramps so this was completely opposite.

I havent come on since then, and i dont know if thats because they are still getting back to normal or what. I very much doubt i am pregnant as me and DP have been using condoms, went to docs for implant and they told me to come back after I have had my period which doesnt help as im still waiting!

So yeah.. when did you get your 'normal' cycle back? hmm

kaatieexox Sun 04-May-14 11:56:59

Bump.

kaatieexox Mon 05-May-14 12:42:38

Another bump!

FantaSea Mon 05-May-14 15:37:05

I would say at about 4 months I was back to a normal cycle, but I didn't breast feed. I had irregular bleeding in the 12 weeks or so following delivery and was worried so went to the gp, who said that my hormones had been all over the place for a year, counting pregnancy and then the few weeks after and that is was quite normal for it to take a while to settle down. I also found my periods heavier after having a baby - I think that is normal too.

Congratulations on your DS.

Pabboo Mon 05-May-14 16:32:32

I didn't have periods until I stopped night feeding at around 2yrs....

kaatieexox Tue 06-May-14 01:07:43

Thank you for your replies. That's put my mind at ease. I knew I would be totally different after having a baby but thought id be back to normal by now. I am FF. Been having bad cramps for the past few days so hopefully I will be coming on soon.

Never thought I'd wish for a period haha! smile

MooseBeTimeForSpring Tue 06-May-14 01:56:48

My DS is 28 months. I'm still waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now