Anyone been induced for the first time with dc3

(9 Posts)
buffythebarbieslayer Tue 29-Apr-14 07:10:43

41+3 with dc3. Facing induction in a couple of days.

Previous two births started spontaneously at 39 weeks and 40+5

I'm surprised that a third labour needs induced when previous two didn't. I'm also struggling mentally as I had a third degree tear last time and so wanted to go into labour naturally.

Anyone experienced first induction with dc3?

Tea1Sugar Tue 29-Apr-14 12:39:04

No experience but just wanted to say I know how you feel about the trepidation following 3rd degree tear. I had one with dd1 and two weeks ago I had an elcs for dd2. You're a braver woman than I am.

buffythebarbieslayer Tue 29-Apr-14 14:32:03

Oh maybe I've made the wrong choice sad

Twitterqueen Tue 29-Apr-14 14:38:13

Me! I did. After horrendous 36 hour labour with DC1, ventouse, epi, 3rd degree tear etc etc.
DC2 - completely natural 4 hour no problem
DC3 - induced. Boring boring boring wait. Waters broke at 3am. DC3 arrived at 7am, no problems and natural.

Try not to worry - I'm sure it will be OK

buffythebarbieslayer Tue 29-Apr-14 14:51:46

I was surprised my third would need induced! Still got two days so you never know.

Thanks Twitter that's reassuring

SicknSpan Wed 30-Apr-14 13:57:24

Oh god I hadn't considered this- dc3 due in 4 weeks and had just presumed I would go into labour spontaneously like I did with ds1 and ds2. 38+6 and 39+1. Ohgodohgodohgod you mean I could be pregnant for another 6 weeks? Aaaaaaaaaargh <waddles screaming from house>

SicknSpan Wed 30-Apr-14 13:57:52

Oh god I hadn't considered this- dc3 due in 4 weeks and had just presumed I would go into labour spontaneously like I did with ds1 and ds2. 38+6 and 39+1. Ohgodohgodohgod you mean I could be pregnant for another 6 weeks? Aaaaaaaaaargh <waddles screaming from house>

SicknSpan Wed 30-Apr-14 13:59:06

See I'm so shocked I posted twice. Sorry.

Plus totally ignored your plight op- hope you go into labour in the next couple of days or at least have a nice straightforward induction. Good luck.

Piddlepuddle Wed 30-Apr-14 14:03:28

Me! Was for medical reasons rather than being overdue though. However - was by FAR my best birth, 3 hours from breaking my waters in theatre (couldn't have the pessary) to delivery, a 1 minute second stage - and the only birth where I didn't need stitches. Was almost enjoyable!

Good luck, I was also v worried - completely unnecessarily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now