How long did you bleed for pp?

(9 Posts)
PretzelPrincess Mon 28-Apr-14 21:47:54

Just that really. I'm almost 8 weeks pp and still bleeding. At about 3 weeks it has almost stopped and then started again. It's bright red, heavy and I have q bad cramping. Is it normal? My HV said it could be my period but I'm EBF and the bleeding is still going on! Argh confused

I bled for nearly 12 weeks on and off after I had DS. Really annoying isn't it? No idea if that's normal or not, I was only expecting about 6 weeks! hmm

supermum83 Tue 29-Apr-14 08:42:13

I am sure I bled for 6 weeks or so. It's like a cruel punishment for getting to go without periods for the best part of a year!

PretzelPrincess Tue 29-Apr-14 08:49:24

It's just so annoying. Just when I'm starting to feel better and upto doing more things etc the bleeding comes back! And I have cramps which make it difficult to get the little sleep I'm getting hmm guess I'll just solider on...

Seeline Tue 29-Apr-14 08:51:51

I bled for nearly 8 weeks with both mine. With the first one I went to GPs at about 6 weeks, and he said it was quite normal, but sent me for a scan just in case there was a problem. Second time I didn't bother - I had stopped by the time of my 8 week check though.

longtallsally2 Tue 29-Apr-14 08:52:30

I was a looong time too - can't remember exactly how long.

Have a word with your GP, though as I became severely anaemic and the HV hadn't even warned me that it was a possibility.

The good news is that having ds2 two years later I bought a shopload of maternity pads etc, and only bled for about 3 days!!! Took me years to use them up as super large sanitary protection!!

Freckletoes Tue 29-Apr-14 09:41:45

I bled for 8 to 10 weeks after all 3 of mine. Always used to amaze me to hear of people getting pregnant and having a their second within 9 to 12 months of the first-I wasn't in any kind of state for my OH to go anywhere near me!! Keep the professionals in the loop though just in case something is amiss.

FreeSpirit89 Tue 29-Apr-14 19:09:41

I bled for around 6 weeks.

CuteLittleToes Wed 30-Apr-14 14:46:15

Maybe you are overdoing things if you start to bleed as soon as you think you're ok? Put your feet up, have a brew and try to take it easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now