Royal London CQC survey

(3 Posts)
MrsStardust14 Mon 28-Apr-14 19:10:21

Hi, I'm due in Nov and am currently trying to figure out which hospital I should give birth at. My nearest hospital is the Royal London in Tower Hamlets and I have my 12 week scan booked there however the more i research the more concerned I am about the hospital particularly about the results in the Care Quality Commission survey from Dec 13.

Has anyone had recent experiences at the Royal London? There's such conflicting info on it, more negative than positive but I'm trying to understand whether it's dire there or whether it would be manageable if for instance my husband stays strong and ensures the midwives act how they should.?

Also the CQC report refers to Bart's trust which includes Royal London and Whipps Cross which perhaps is pulling down the Royal London results?
Thanks in advance for your advise

MrsStardust14 Wed 30-Apr-14 09:44:25

Bump. Anyone?

squizita Wed 30-Apr-14 17:44:41

Remember also if it has a 'high risk' ward it will push up the number of interventions. May be worth researching that, as you say attached units can affect things.
I'm at St Marys, because they take complex cases (recurrent miscarriers etc') their intervention rates are sky high but it's 'expected' not a case of HCP's knee-jerk reacting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now