Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

TENS

(16 Posts)
johull Sat 26-Apr-14 19:10:11

Should I a) not bother b) buy a cheap one and just try it c) buy an expensive one and go with it.

I'm nearly full term and have just started thinking about it. Boots have some but they vary in price hugely. I'm also keen to keep my darling husband busy and have read putting them in charge of the tens could give him a job and keep him busy. Bless.

Advice please.

Ty

stargirl1701 Sat 26-Apr-14 19:10:40

d) rent one

grin

johull Sat 26-Apr-14 19:14:33

Oh yeah- rent one is an option. It's only £27 for 5 weeks with boots

sabbby82 Sat 26-Apr-14 19:16:14

Best thing I had second labour! Rented one. Hubby controlled it towards end. Was fab.

Shellwedance Sat 26-Apr-14 19:24:36

Definitely rent, they're really not expensive and you can have for about 6 weeks. Best thing I had for early stages.

PickleMobile Sat 26-Apr-14 19:26:47

We rented one from the hospital cheaper than what pharmacies rent them for.

I don't think it helped hugely with my pain as it was all in the front but I liked the feeling as it distracted me. I was not happy when it fell off at one point!

Toadsrevisited Sat 26-Apr-14 20:07:10

I rented one. Thought it would be useless: actually it was brilliant on the day! I'd definitely recommend it.

SpawningSalmon Sat 26-Apr-14 21:46:34

I bought one off eBay- Elle Tens for about £35 which is as new. Plan on selling it again afterwards and expect to get my money back.

Mouthfulofquiz Mon 28-Apr-14 09:56:33

I had my second baby using tens only - I found it great. I would buy one if you are considering another child at some point - I've got a miracletens which was cheap and simple to use.

shimmymummy Mon 28-Apr-14 10:00:50

I rented an Elle Tens along with my birth pool. I was sceptical but OMG it was truly amazing.

johull Tue 29-Apr-14 22:24:32

Thank you for all your responses. The Elle TENS for those interested has great reviews. It also has a 'boost' button which is more than desirable for labour. Just be aware that a few TENS are not appropriate for labour as they're not strong enough. Elle Tens seems to be the whole package. I have just purchased it (would like more babies in the future) for £18 secondhand in Gumtree, normally they retail at about £65-£75.
Thanks again for all responses.

Victoria2002 Wed 30-Apr-14 23:04:53

I LOVED my TENS during labour! Rent one but make sure you try it out before labour starts.

Rachie1986 Tue 06-May-14 06:46:03

Had the Elle one and it was really good especially as it took 36hrs to get to 6cm (and at least 24 to get past 2!). Would really recommend

LadyGoneGaga Thu 08-May-14 10:21:41

If you sell it afterwards...even after more babies...you will get the money back on it. I've use The Elle one in both of my labours and it's currently in my hospital bag ready and waiting to go again!

Mummymidwife87 Thu 08-May-14 11:09:37

I hired an Elle tens online for 6weeks £27.50, they rang me yesterday with an over the phone offer of buying the product for £39

schlafenfreude Thu 08-May-14 11:14:49

I have an Elle TENS, lend it out to people and plan on using it at least twice in the future. It's bloody amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now