Laughing after csection

(15 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Sat 26-Apr-14 17:32:37

Can I have done any damage from lots of laughing today? My stomach muscles are aching. I'm day 11 post section.

rallytog1 Sat 26-Apr-14 19:34:28

Nope, you'll be fine. It really does feel like you might be damaging them though, doesn't it?!

Meglet Sat 26-Apr-14 19:38:56

I had to stop laughing it was agony. I ended up doing a weird, panting laugh.

Boogles91 Sat 26-Apr-14 19:46:39

If anything it makes your muscles heal better :p i found after shit load of laughing that the next day it was easier to get up and do things smile x

Tea1Sugar Sat 26-Apr-14 20:20:40

Oh that's good to hear! I feel like I've done 1000 sit-ups!

lotsofcheese Sat 26-Apr-14 20:22:32

Laughing is better than coughing - ouch! I remember the advice that you were supposed to get a cushion & hold it over your wound when coughing. WTF!! X

PumpkinPie2013 Sat 26-Apr-14 21:17:11

You won't have done any damage smile

I ended up doing a weird laugh after mine too meglet

It was agony to laugh or cough!!

Molotov Sat 26-Apr-14 21:49:48

Hold your tummy when you cough or laugh

PrincessBabyCat Sun 27-Apr-14 03:24:36

No, I don't think you can damage them. I had some tears after giving birth. I thought my stitches were going to tear when I laughed it hurt so bad.

Just don't sneeze!

Writerwannabe83 Sun 27-Apr-14 08:02:58

Hey tea - I was thinking about you the other day as I know how nervous you were about the Section. I hope it wasn't as traumatic as you thought it may be and congratulations on your baby thanks

Tea1Sugar Sun 27-Apr-14 09:03:04

Thanks writer smile I had a little girl, Emilia on 15/4/14 weighing 7lb 13oz. I found the anaesthetic petrifying and got rather hysterical at the beginning when all feeling went but the anaesthetist held my hand and was amazingly calm which calmed me. The radio was on and everyone was singing along! How are you and your small man?

ReeseWithoutHerSpoon Sun 27-Apr-14 09:07:07

Oh tea congratulations!

I had EMCS with dd and it was the lovely, calm anaesthetist who got me through! I remember hounding her with questions - is everything ok, is the baby ok, what are they doing now, then I started telling her how scared I was. She just stayed there by my head the whole time talking in her calm, Eastern European accent to me! Would love to thank her- she's the one person I remember vividly from the whole experience.

Molotov Sun 27-Apr-14 10:56:03

Yes, Reese, I remember my anaesthetist, too. I'm one of these people who keeps insisting "I'm okay. I'm fine", but he knew I was nervous and I remember him touching my arm and briefly taking my hand to emphasize 'it's okay'.

I don't remember his name, but I won't ever forget him (or that entire team at Birmingham Women's Hospital).

Tea1Sugar Sun 27-Apr-14 11:06:40

Yup so much admiration for my anaesthetist. I don't know her surname just that she was Carol the consultant. She was a guardian angel I'll never forget her.

Tea1Sugar Sun 27-Apr-14 11:13:23

In fact, I've tracked her down via the hospital website. I'm going to send her a thank you card. She made my csection for me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now