ELCS and shaving?

(13 Posts)
Haahoooo Mon 21-Apr-14 03:58:49

Having an ELCS next week and suddenly wondering if I need to shave?

I'd prefer not to - I generally don't particularly not as I have a fairly recent EMCS scar in that area. I also can't see that area right now so would probably have to get DH involved.

Is this something that they could just do quickly (if needed) at hospital? Is it 'rude' to turn up with hair iyswim?

Thanks

MooseBeTimeForSpring Mon 21-Apr-14 04:24:23

They did mine at the hospital. Caveat - I'm in Canada.

cravingcake Mon 21-Apr-14 06:52:50

They will do it for you at hospital beforehand so you dont need to worry about it. The midwife asked me if i'd like to do it myself but i just pointed out that i couldnt see so wouldnt be able to do a good enough job and she'd have to re-do anyway.

Writerwannabe83 Mon 21-Apr-14 08:18:29

I didn't shave as I couldn't see my pubic area from about 30 weeks onwards. I assumed if it needed doing they would do it themselves - ultimately they didn't though. Don't worry about turning up with hair, they'll have seen it all before.

ItsSpringBaby Mon 21-Apr-14 08:34:08

I have mine next week too. I've been using a mirror to shave with clippers. Had a few ouch moments, but on the whole I managed ok.

Now the only thing left to tackle is my super-fast growing leg hair!

Haahoooo Mon 21-Apr-14 09:20:38

Thank you! I'll just leave it I think. Good luck springbaby smile

Tea1Sugar Mon 21-Apr-14 12:40:33

I had a full wax about 5 days before my elcs

Lucked Mon 21-Apr-14 12:42:42

I was told not to, they preferred to do it as they felt it reduced the infection rate if done in theatre

Mnippy Mon 21-Apr-14 17:39:39

Leave it! I went in untouched, they used an electric razor in the operating theatre. Quick, easy.

nooka Mon 21-Apr-14 17:57:17

I trimmed around my earlier c-section scar as the first time they dry shaved the area and I found it oddly humiliating as well as uncomfortable afterwards. Otherwise my pubes were as they come naturally.

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 21-Apr-14 17:58:32

It says in my maternity notes not to shave at all after 36 weeks as it can increase infection rates and they will do it in theatre if required. It says waxing is ok though x

MyDarlingClementine Tue 22-Apr-14 13:36:56

I had a wax, wanted more hair off but beautician knew best confused, they had to shave a little, its par for the course no big deal if you do or dont. I just prefered no rough hair stubble.

Haahoooo Tue 22-Apr-14 19:01:05

In case anyone's interested, they did a quick shave in theatre, no big deal and not painful!

Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now