Vagina "off to one side" after childbirth TMI!

(3 Posts)
Dovetale Sun 20-Apr-14 19:00:00

Ok so my baby is now 16 months old. When she was born I had the sensation of all the pressure being on the RHS of my vagina, only 1st degree tearing.

Now I find that my vagina has two sides, one side and the middle are as before, but the RHS feels hollowed out for want of a better phrase. I've been unable to use tampons successfully due to leakage. I just bought a mooncup and it has fixed the leakage problem but the whole thing rotates to the RHS leaving the stem rubbing against the opening.

I guess I'm hoping that I'm not the only one with a new shape, I can't bring myself to ask any of my real life mummy friends. Has anyone else experienced this one sidedness and if so did you manage to resolve it and how?

P.S I've been doing my pelvic floor exercises every day.

Wishkah Sun 20-Apr-14 21:08:21

I'd ask for a referral to a gynaecologist. Someone with more knowledge is bound to be along soon, but I didn't want to read and run.

cravingcake Sun 20-Apr-14 21:20:59

Theres a whole load of us who have been left mis-shapen over on the Ragged Bits Thread in general health. Most of us have had horrific births (i had a 4th degree tear, episiotomy, the list goes on but i wont bore you with the details). I would say you can expect to feel a bit different after giving birth vaginally but not to that extent.

See your gp and ask to be referred to a gynae, your tear could have been worse (muscle inside torn but not noticed at the time so diagnosed as 1st degree).

Just want to reassure you that you are not alone with how your body has changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now