Lochia stopped way too early

(16 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Sun 20-Apr-14 17:44:15

Day 5 since ELCS and my pad is barely stained at all. Sorry tmi. I don't know what to make of it? Dd1 was a vaginal birth and I bled for 3 weeks. Is this normal?

Funkytown Sun 20-Apr-14 17:58:07

I had my son 11 weeks ago vaginal delivery and I bled for 6 days then nothing until my period started up again so I'm sure it varies for everyone and the midwife did say that it can stop and start again.

ShoeJunkie Sun 20-Apr-14 17:59:48

I didn't bleed for more than a few days post (vaginal) delivery with DS.

Lovehorror Sun 20-Apr-14 18:03:21

I think it's normal,everyone's different,both mine only lasted a couple of days.

Haggisfish3 Sun 20-Apr-14 18:04:38

I didn't bleed much after each Cs. They do clear you out!

Finola1step Sun 20-Apr-14 18:05:46

Mine only lasted a few days with 2nd baby. Just mention to midwife or HV when you see them next.

ZingHasAHotCrossBunInTheOven Sun 20-Apr-14 18:13:47

I knew you had a C-section just by reading the title!

Lochia is much less in volume and stops earlier after a C-section as they tend to stitch up the site of the "wound" where the placenta comes away from the uterus.

I had 6 children, only 1 with ELSC - the difference was unbelievable so I asked and I was given above explanation.

I hope that puts your mind at ease.

And massive congratulations on baby!thanks

Mrswellyboot Sun 20-Apr-14 18:14:37

I had a cs and had no bleeding at all hardly.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 20-Apr-14 18:21:56

I had an emergency cs and bled for quite a while. This was after the forceps delivery failed and ob couldn't get baby out- perhaps that was why I bled for so long.

Tea1Sugar Sun 20-Apr-14 18:46:07

Oo ok thanks! I bet now I've started this thread it'll start up with a vengeance again! Oh and tmi again, but diarrhoea is a bit of a surprise! I'll blame the diclofenac for that...

Funkytown Sun 20-Apr-14 20:22:18

Oh and congratulations !!

jeee Sun 20-Apr-14 20:26:46

With DS (vaginal delivery) I only bled for three or four days. In fact I went swimming a week after giving birth (yes, I don't know why either).

Two or three weeks after the birth I felt something sliding out.... I passed the most enormous blood clot. I bagged it up, and took it to the GPs.... but it really seemed as though all the blood had just stuck in one place - that's probably completely rubbish from a medical point of view.

satintaupe Sun 20-Apr-14 20:39:57

I had hardly anything after my ELCS, I couldn't believe it (it was really light and didn't last long at all). I'd stocked up on maternity pads too - I've still got them for next time. Congratulations!

Writerwannabe83 Mon 21-Apr-14 08:21:52

I bled for about 4 days post ELCS.

It's now 3 weeks after my CS and I will occasionally have some light spotting but that tends to be only when I've had a busy/active day.

Tea1Sugar Mon 21-Apr-14 12:58:01

Thanks all. Sorry but it's kind of brown/caramel sludge blush and has been for the past 48 hours. MW is coming tomorrow so that'll be a delightful conversation!

MyDarlingClementine Tue 22-Apr-14 13:38:34

I would check, but they do clean you out more with a section, mine had a funny smell too..different to vag delivery.

however my first period...wow,...very heavey!

if you do think something is a miss do not wait treat it sooner rather than later in case of infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now