Quick! Help please! TENS

(4 Posts)

I think I'm in early labour - been having period type pains since 6am about every 10-20 mins (not regular). They're getting slowly stronger but still very manageable. I've got a hospital app at 2.30 for a sweep (ha!), which MW has said to still attend.

But when should I put the TENS on?! Reading the book/ Internet it says to whack it on at the start of labour... Now?

I don't want to miss the boat, but I don't want to peak to early OR jinx it and the pains disappear. Or turn up at hospital looking a tit with my TENS on for them to say, this is just braxtons or something.

Can someone please just tell me what to do? smile

Oh can s

Sorry - on phone. Ignore the last bit!

rachyconks Thu 03-Apr-14 13:05:09

I didn't put it on until the pains became too much to bear without any pain relief. No idea how far into labour I was by then though.

ilovetosleep Thu 03-Apr-14 14:18:44

I'd wait until pains are regular and I guess about 7-10 mins apart minimum. But not necessarily too much to bear, just when you know its proper labour. Thats what I did, after about 24 hrs of what you're experiencing now, they suddenly became regular and increased in intensity. I thought Tens was amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now