Fed up, uncomfortable, bored and emotional; yep, I'm overdue

(23 Posts)
iamnotthemoronwhisperer Wed 02-Apr-14 18:41:42

9 days now...

I'm beginning to think that this baby will never actually be born, that I will be forever pregnant. It doesn't help that I knew I was pregnant from very early on, so this pregnancy just feels like it's gone on forever.

I tried to walk into town today, but had to turn back cos my feet were agony, I'm not sleeping because there is no comfortable position to lie in, and I've just thrown a glass across the room and sobbed for no sodding reason whatsoever except that I'm frustrated blush

I really don't want to be induced, and want to give birth in the midwife led unit, not the labour ward, but I get the feeling that I'm really not going to have much choice in the matter. This is not how I wanted things to be, and I'm scared, and tired, and just want my baby to be here now.

Apologies for the whinge, please feel free to ignore me while I go off in search of a grip!

mostlyconfused Wed 02-Apr-14 19:06:31

I feel your pain. I'm 40 + 11 today. Really wanted a vbac but booked for a c section tomorrow. At least by this time tomorrow I'll have my boy in my arms!

I went into town yesterday and felt like crying after about an hour cos everything hurt! It didn't help that I had my 3 year old DD with me.
Today my pelvis feels like it's going to break in 2 and my ribs hurt!

I really hope your little one makes an appearance soon for you. These final days are no fun! Chocolate and cake does help!

iamnotthemoronwhisperer Wed 02-Apr-14 19:52:59

Thanks confused! I have been gorging myself on chocolate this week...

How exciting that you know you will have your little boy with you tomorrow, best of luck!

DH came home to find me crying over the sink and unable to express why; he was a bit confused, but has suggested fish and chips for dinner which for some reason has made me feel better grin

Catnuzzle Wed 02-Apr-14 20:09:53

I remember this so well! Mine are now 5 and 3. The baby will come. Promise. [Grin]

Catnuzzle Wed 02-Apr-14 20:10:21

grin

MrsNutella Wed 02-Apr-14 20:28:18

I know this might sound really daft but have you tried distracting yourself from wishing the baby out? I mean, having a nice meal, bath, time with your DP / DH to just relax and enjoy yourself just the two of you (assuming it is just the two of you). IMO baby comes when you are feeling good about the birth IYKWIM.

I discharged myself from hospital for the night after a long day at attempted induction with DS. I only got as far as the lift. My waters broke and contractions got going almost immediately and he arrived 19 hours later. I really don't think it was the induction that got things going. I think it was the happy thoughts of going home to bed with DH for some cuddles (even though I was stressed about having to be back to the hospital the next morning for more induction- ness).

I'm not sure if I've made any sense but I promise you'll have a tiny wriggly baby in your arms very sion.

CountBapula Wed 02-Apr-14 20:37:58

I had DS2 a week ago at 42 weeks. Went into labour naturally the morning before I was due to be induced, and made it into the MLU with an hour to spare (beyond 42 weeks you have to go to labour ward).

I felt exactly the same as you just over a week ago. Very annoying advice but try and relax. Babies come when they're ready and it's so worth it when they do. Good luck!

CountBapula Wed 02-Apr-14 20:39:53

YY MrsNutella, I think I finally went into labour naturally once I accepted I was going to be induced and just chilled out a bit.

Onelittlepiglet Wed 02-Apr-14 20:44:55

3.5 years ago and I could have written your post - I went over by two weeks so was induced but it wasn't too bad. I also wanted to give birth in the midwife lead centre but wasn't able to, but I did have a midwife lead birth, just in the hospital. It will be fine and your baby will come out soon smile.

Don't do what I did and watch a DVD a friend recommended to me called Threads which was a 1980's BBC drama about a nuclear fall out set in Yorkshire (where I am from). I was bloody terrified, especially as there is a pregnant character in it who has to give birth alone and cope in the post nuclear wilderness. There should be a special P rating for films which is: Do not watch this whilst pregnant!

cottoncandy Wed 02-Apr-14 20:45:04

iam - I remember so well being where you are about 4 years and 50 weeks ago! DS was born at 40+10 but 40+9 was when I completely lost it, tears and tantrums when I heard my friend had her baby that day at 37+1!! I was giving up home of my MLU birth but at 40+10 it all just happened quickly and naturally.
Fingers crossed same happens to you. I know it feels like you have been (and will be!) pregnant forever but you really are in the very final straight now!

Onelittlepiglet Wed 02-Apr-14 20:46:15

Oh dear, 'lead' /'led' fail.....pregnancy brain sorry!

MrsNutella Wed 02-Apr-14 21:31:45

Oops DS arrived 10 hours later - silly fat fingers!

Hope you're off having your baby iam smile

MoonHare Wed 02-Apr-14 21:43:13

I heartily sympathise OP. DD3 was 12 days over her due date - I never imagined baby no.3 could be so late!!

I tried not to think about it, to be rational, to think positive thoughts but by about 9 days over I was going crazy too. I had a sweep at 40+10 and she arrived 4 hours into 40+12.

I was feeling desperate as I was told no home birth beyond 10 days over but luckily I had a very good mw and got my hb after all. You may well give birth in the mw led unit yet!

iamnotthemoronwhisperer Wed 02-Apr-14 22:18:13

Thank you all! Good to know my meltdown is actually fairly normal at this stage. I think it was partly triggered by a partial show following a stretch and sweep on Monday, then recurrent but irregular cramps throughout last night. So I thought that maybe something was happening, but there's been nothing today, so apparently not sad

I have an appointment at the day assessment unit tomorrow, so am hoping that they'll tell me that labour is imminent, or at least likely in the not too distant future...

AbbyRue Thu 03-Apr-14 01:04:12

Oh I have a feeling this will be me next week. I'm 39+4 today with DC4. I was overdue with the other 3giving birth at around 40+ 9 each time. I was hoping to be early with this one. Sigh. hmm

Emmie412 Thu 03-Apr-14 11:19:39

40+3 here. Was early with DD1 so was fully expecting not to go beyond my due date. Had a sweep yesterday but only feeling uncomfortable (as you would if someone rummaged around your cervix enthusiastically). Another sweep on Monday and then induction on the 12th if still no development. Sigh.

Misty9 Thu 03-Apr-14 13:52:41

I'm only 39+1 but feel I will be joining you next week...and tbh I feel like you've described OP already! Mostly finding the constant comments of "ohh, could be anytime now" a bit annoying; I'm trying to forget about it and this just keeps reminding me! Yes, it could be; but it could also be two three weeks yet!!

Grumpy and can't even go outside due to this stupid pollution and ds's asthmatic tendencies angry

iamnotthemoronwhisperer Thu 03-Apr-14 20:01:20

All was fine at the hospital appointment; the midwife who did the stretch and sweep could even feel the baby's head! Another appointment booked for Monday (40 + 14) when I'll book an induction, but I was told I probably won't make it till then. So, had a nice long walk this afternoon to try to get things moving, no sign yet, but hoping things will kick off over the next day or two. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! grin

chelly77 Fri 04-Apr-14 05:28:04

Good luck I will keeps my fingers crossed you dont need to be induced.

I had the exact same experience. Booked in to give birth at my midwife lead center, had a lovely midwife through and we tried everything to not be induced. In the end he was just dam comfortable and I had to be induced at the hospital. On the day I cried the entire way to the hospital, thank god my midwife was there for the induction and I was even allowed to try a water birth as we managed to get our hand on the waterproof wireless monitoring station.
Being induced was no where near as bad as i imaged - didnt need any drugs and it was all over and done with within 6 hrs of the drip being hooked up

Jolleigh Sat 05-Apr-14 07:43:19

I could have written the OP. 40+10 today and booked in for induction at 40+12. I've sort of come to terms with it but am still clinging to the hope that it will all start naturally before then despite zero signs that my body might be gearing up

rachyconks Sat 05-Apr-14 07:57:44

40+4 here. Been up since 3am crying and stressing a out childcare for my DD if I go to my induction date (14/04). My mum is going away for a few days and won't be there to help and I'm worried she doesn't know anyone else well enough to stay over. She's only 16 mths and a crap sleeper at the best of times. I don't want to be induced, let alone spend the time worrying about DD hmm

DD was born on her due date so this is a new (and horrible) experience. I can't cope with another 10 days of no sleep. Averaging 2/3 hours a night. Been having Braxton hicks every night for about 3/4 weeks and had a bit of a show after midwife sweep. It's like torture!!!

MrsNutella Wed 09-Apr-14 21:28:40

Any squishy baby updates??? I'm sure they are here now and you're all too busy enjoying those teeny tiny cuddles.... Oooohhhh new babies smile

AbbyRue Thu 10-Apr-14 00:38:20

40+4 hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now