Birthing pools at Treliske (Cornwall) - yay!

(7 Posts)
Pinkie2103 Fri 28-Mar-14 10:44:35

I know the news has only just been announced but does anybody know whether these are likely to be installed this year?

I'm due at the end of October so it's probably a long shot but I'd also rather not be giving birth in a building site either!

Clargo55 Tue 01-Apr-14 12:20:29

Exciting! Do you have a link to the announcement?

I'm due in November, would love a water birth.

Pinkie2103 Tue 01-Apr-14 15:45:34

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Birthing-pools-lifesaving-equipment-maternity/story-20837789-detail/story.html

I spoke to a Doula yesterday but she seemed to think it might take a while as they are moving a lot of the wards around to accomadate the new facilities so it's not as simple as sticking a couple of pools in sad

Clargo55 Tue 01-Apr-14 15:53:54

That's a shame. Guess its unlikely to be finished by our due dates. So glad it's being done though, think its overdue an update tbh.

Planning on going to Penrice at the moment, but it would of been handy to be at Treliske if a problem arises.

misspoirot Wed 02-Apr-14 13:47:23

I'm due mid October, will definitely be keeping an out out for more info. I used the Helston birth centre last time which was lovely but it's nice to have other options.

misspoirot Wed 02-Apr-14 14:41:32

*eye out

FourArms Fri 11-Apr-14 19:52:22

Good luck ladies smile DS2 was born in Treliske smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now