How did your body gear up for labour?

(9 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:49:26

Hi I'm 37 weeks and for last week been getting braxton hicks. Last couple of days they have been more regular. I can't tell if it's baby pushing out on my tummy tho.

It's either top of my tummy or very lower tummy which feels tight.

Before and during pregnacy I'm not some one who has a poo every day sorry tmi yet last couple of weeks it's every day and some times more that once. (Again sorry tmi)

I've noticed my discharge is a lot more watery now the whole pregnacy it's been thicker.

I've been getting lightening type pains more regular too up my vagina.

When my tummy tightens it feels like I have wind or nervous if that makes sense.
And I've been getting on off period pains cramping too on my lower back.

I have lost my mucas plug yet. Is this my body getting ready or I'm I just over thinking every little pain lol as I'm so desperate to meet my little baby boy.

Can any one tell me how they were in days/weeks before labour ?

Raxacoricofallapatorius Thu 27-Mar-14 20:54:35

Sounds like late pregnancy to me!

I had no gearing up either time. Waters just went without warning.

chattychattyboomba Thu 27-Mar-14 21:00:34

Same a raxa. No signs...waters just went and bang...straight into contractions.

I had nothing. No BH no show no waters going.

in fact, I got to 40+1 and went out with some friends as I was certain I was an age away. Had a chinese and a dance. Woke up 3am with cxns every three mins and it continued til dd arrived 24 hours later. I was fooked.

Sweetpea86 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:03:33

Aw bugger think it's all just in my head wanting labour to come so bad, so excited to meet baby now it's driving me crazy

LJBanana Thu 27-Mar-14 21:16:53

I've just had DS3 on Saturday and I was exactly the same as you are now. Braxton hicks so regular to the point I thought labour was starting, DP stayed off work arranged childcare etc, then tailed off to nothing. This happened more than once- I was 40 weeks + though so could have been any time.
Strong BH for a few weeks leading up to his arrival, I don't remember having them in my other pregnancies.
It was like the boy who cried wolf though when it started for real as again regular contractions then tailed off to nothing, then started back with a vengeance.
He arrived in 13 minutes so all the weeks of preparation where for something even if it was so frustrating!

Good luck!

Sweetpea86 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:29:37

Aww congratulations maybe the torture of bh for weeks will mean a nice speedy labour but I'm not getting my hopes up lol

LJBanana Thu 27-Mar-14 21:44:48

You never know.
It's a good coping strategy though to think that your body is actually slowly getting ready for the main event, although it's frustrating and uncomfortable your baby will soon be here. It's bloody incredible what the human body does to get them here safely.

jellyandcake Sat 05-Apr-14 04:35:46

Ds1 - the mucus plug started coming away in pink-streaked bits through the night in the week leading up. Then the contractions started on my due date but tailed off and I had stop-start labour for a couple of days. When it kicked off properly, I started vomiting and then the contractions picked up pace and intensity. Waters didn't go until the very end, I'd already started pushing!

This time around, I'm 37+3 and have all the symptoms you describe. Feel like my body is 'clearing out' or maybe I just don't have much room left so very regular toilet trips! Watery discharge, but not pink or bloody yet.Tons of Braxton Hicks. Lots of discomfort. Loads of lightning/electric shock shooting type sensations. Nausea, tiredness and insomnia. Keep wondering if it's going to happen soon but I know it could easily be weeks still to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now