Argh argh... staring down the barrel of induction with back-to-back baby

(60 Posts)
CountBapula Sat 22-Mar-14 08:02:06

I'm 41+3 with DS2. Had a sweep at my 41-week appointment and it did nothing (except I nearly fainted blush). They said head was right down and my cervix was central, but nothing's really happened since then except the odd twinge.

I'm booked for induction Monday night and am terrified. I was induced with DS1 at (I think) 41+4 and it was okay (one pessary, 13-hour labour, ventouse) but it seems that it'll be different this time.

Last time I went in for about 9am, and DS was born about 1am. This time I'll have to go in at 9pm, have the pessary then they'll send DH home. I'm being a wimp but I don't want to stay in hospital alone sad Also they've said I'd have to have continuous monitoring and birth pool not an option - gutting as I really wanted a birth centre water birth this time round. I also have pretty bad SPD, and DS2 is back to back, so I'm terrified of the pain and ending up stuck on my back.

Don't know what I'm asking for, really. Reassurance? Hand holding? Good experiences?

CountBapula Thu 27-Mar-14 09:25:19

Wonderful news, charing! Congratulations thanks

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Fri 28-Mar-14 03:26:05

My lovely DS is here, went in for induction at 11am, nothing happened all day after peasant, just about to go to sleep and waters popped on their own, this was at 10pm, contractions started instantly and furiously, begged for epidural... Not a chance, baby born at ten past midnight, beautiful, healthy and cuddled up to me right now smile

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Fri 28-Mar-14 03:26:22

Pessary! Not peasant!!

Mummyk1982 Fri 28-Mar-14 04:52:23

Huge congrats!!! I'm booked for induction on Monday- hoping for an outcome just like yours :-) x

CountBapula Fri 28-Mar-14 06:21:08

Wowzers, iam! That was quick! Congratulations. Hope you're okay.

Best of luck, Mummyk!

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Fri 28-Mar-14 06:50:13

I can feel the oxytocin on this thread!! Yes good luck to those still due x

And congrats to all of my fellow mummies smile

caledonianclown Fri 28-Mar-14 08:04:59

Congratulations iam! I'm also booked for induction on Monday and it's nice to hear it's not all bad!

Charingcrossbun Wed 02-Apr-14 10:00:00

Forgot to say , whilst I was in hospital post birth I was in an antenatal ward (as DS was in NICU). The girl next to me was waiting to be induced and really freaked out about it, someone has told her horrid stories about extra pain as she was desperate to go into labour naturally. Her DP was there and clearly stepped up as I woke up early evening to the noises of what was clearly them have sex behind the curtain!!! In a way it's outrageous but at 40+weeks, in a room with other people and on a single bed I had to be impressed! Nearly wet myself laughing when he whispered"I think I can feel the head with it" wink!!!

CountBapula Wed 02-Apr-14 10:15:08

shock grin

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Wed 02-Apr-14 17:16:13

Oh my word that is revolting!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now