Best tens machine to buy?

(16 Posts)
Hobby2014 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:37:20

Just that really, anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks

nailslikeknives Tue 18-Mar-14 21:45:55

One that administers epidurals gringrin
Sorry, childish, couldn't resist.

I used one first time round. It did nothing, the epidural on the 2nd day of labour was fab-u-lous.

ChineseFireball Tue 18-Mar-14 21:56:44

You can hire them and it's a bit cheaper. I got mine from [[ http://www.tens.co.uk/ here]]

ChineseFireball Tue 18-Mar-14 21:57:27

Oops linky fail linky

ChineseFireball Tue 18-Mar-14 21:59:26

And to answer your actual question...blush
...the elleTENS was perfectly adequate to start with but when things really started to ramp up I just wanted to tear the tingly bastard off wink

rachyconks Tue 18-Mar-14 21:59:57

I have the femme tens from babycaretens. It was fantastic in my first labour. Used it from first contractions until 8/9cm dilated then moved to G&A. Had no other pain relief. I plan to use it again this time and have just ordered new pads for it!

PastaandCheese Wed 19-Mar-14 06:48:39

I used a Mamatens in both labours. I found it really helped.

Not sure there is a best brand. So long as it's an obstetric tens with a boost button it'll be worth a go.

Justyou Wed 19-Mar-14 07:03:00

I used one from boots , I think it was only around £40. I used it through the last 4 months of pregnancy due to back pain and it was great for labour.
I have used several ones from the hospital/ physio dept over the years and the boots one was just as good.

BNmum Wed 19-Mar-14 07:55:08

I'd also recommend the boots one, I've just ordered new pads so I can use it with #2.
Here's a link for it: http://www.bootsmaternityrentalproducts.co.uk/product.php?pid=Boots-Maternity-TENS-Kit--30
You can also rent them for £31

BNmum Wed 19-Mar-14 07:56:02
PastaandCheese Wed 19-Mar-14 08:27:05

Just to add I bought mine from eBay for £30. Used it in two labours and am going to sell it on eBay now hopefully for a similar price. Is that an option for you?

Sets of pads are £10 so I've purchased two sets of those too.

Second PastaandCheese's ebay suggestion. I had Elletens with boost button. Also sorted DH's bad back out!

DS1 TENS, then pool plus G&A
DS2 TENS only

Cariad007 Thu 20-Mar-14 18:38:45

I hired a tens through the Birth Ease website. Postage, rental and return postage was just over £20.

puddleduck16 Fri 21-Mar-14 17:13:28

I got the obi tens when there was 20% offer in mothercare. Was great!! East to use and really helped till got to hospital.

Dogsmom Fri 21-Mar-14 21:52:31

I hired mine from the hospital, it was £20 which they refunded when I have it back and only charged £4 for the sticky pads. It was a Mamma tens.

Bloody useless thing though and did sod all in the way of pain relief.

Woodifer Sat 22-Mar-14 21:44:36

think i bought a mamatens off amazon or online. it was good to start with and good for the afterpains

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now