Cesareans - advice and experiences wanted please

(55 Posts)
saranga Tue 18-Mar-14 11:12:45

Can anyone tell me the truth about cesareans? I'm first time pregnant and have absolutely NO desire to go through labour. I know that cesareans are a major operation and that they have a longer recovery time, but can someone who has had one tell me what this means in practice, in regards to mobility and pain after the op.
I'm especially interested in women who have gone through labour and a cesarean and can compare the two.

Halp.

Booboostoo Wed 19-Mar-14 17:41:49

My CS was not particularly painful either. I took what drugs they gave me in hospital, I didn't need to ask for extra and then a few days of paracetamol but mainly preventative as I was worried about being able to look after DD.

Some VB complications can be quite painful as well. My riding instructor, who makes her living from riding horses, had to take 5 months off riding for her tear to heal and she is the most hard core and 'get on with it without complaining' person I know. I was back riding at 7 weeks.

mummyhb Wed 19-Mar-14 18:28:45

Think you need to think long term. How many children would you like to have? If you want a big family then go for natural as risks to future babies get higher.

I had two sections. First elective, second after labour. Slow recovery and really painful. Not an easy option.

No easy way out. But worth it in the end!

Good luck x

MyDarlingClementine Wed 19-Mar-14 18:37:04

Do yourself a favour and get a co sleeping cot they are amazing and saved me totally in so many ways.

Do research, these ones seem to be the cheapest to get on ebay etc but also hold their relsale value, moses downstairs this by the bed. And a v pillow

MyDarlingClementine Wed 19-Mar-14 18:37:26
Wuxiapian Wed 19-Mar-14 18:45:05

I've had 2 natural births and 1 C-section.

Natural birth so soo much easier to recover from - out and about in a day.

My C-section recovery was very slow and painful. I'm almost 5 weeks post section and have only been feeling better the last few days and been able to go out. I was pretty much useless the first 4 weeks and that was with continual painkiller-usage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now