Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

might be in labour, not sure!

(16 Posts)
behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 16:50:19

Hi, 38.5 today, DS1 came early (36.6). Felt rough yesterday, then in the evening started having what I thought might be contractions, went to bed and managed to sleep but woken up almost hourly in pain. Seemed to have stopped by morning though. Went out for a walk this afternoon with DH and DS, fell asleep on the grass in the sunshine at which point suspected contractions started up again.
Now DH at work, and have shipped DS off to a friends, and just starting to time contractions. Have almost continual period pains, plus what seem like braxton hicks but more uncomfortable. Not in agony, but definitely a bit painful.
Could this be it? Would appreciate the wisdom on MN!

Eek ots excitng! Could be the start of it all.

Keep moving!

behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 16:57:38

Oh dear, just flopped on the sofa, better get up again!

HandbagsandSnotrags Wed 12-Mar-14 17:10:32

It sounds very like how my labours started. Make sure you have something to drink - my third labour kept rumbling on and on but never seemed to get properly started. Midwife said I was probably dehydrated. Huge drink of water later and it all kicked off nicely.
Good luck.

behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 17:14:05

Thanks for that handbags, I'll make sure to drink plenty.

behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 17:33:28

Also now noticed they are following a pattern, starts with twinge in lower back, then bump tightens, then pain in abdomen.

Ooo pattern sounds good! How exciting grin

behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 17:47:04

thanks! though hot bath seems to have disrupted things...

TakingTheStairs Wed 12-Mar-14 17:47:58

That is exactly how my labour started. Exactly!!
Please go and get checked. I was having contractions (which I thought were Braxton hicks) every 5 mins when I set out for hospital and they were every 3 mins by the time I got there. I don't want to scare you but within 3 hours of arriving at hospital DS went into distress with the cord wrapped around his neck and I had to have an EMCS even though I was only 3cm dilated.
Please get checked. I only went in because I started a thread like this too and someone else had had the same experience and it could have been a whole different result if I'd stayed at home.
I'm sure you will be 1000000% fine as will your child
Xx

behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 17:50:09

thanks for the warning taking, I might ring the midwife in a bit if things carry on this way. Glad things turned out OK for you.

TakingTheStairs Wed 12-Mar-14 17:51:05

Thanks behind and best of luck!!

behindthetimes Wed 12-Mar-14 18:36:42

well hot bath seems to have stopped things, Maybe not labour after all!

Oh poor you must be so frustrating! Hopefully it won't be much longer

LJBanana Wed 12-Mar-14 18:50:20

I've been the same since Saturday. Start stop, start stop. Was awoken at 2am after a few before midnight. They stopped again though. It's very frustrating!
You aren't alone!!

SinkyMalinks Thu 13-Mar-14 08:44:01

Same here since Sunday. Pretty tired now was not sleeping and feel sick so having to force myself to eat and drink. Seeing midwife tomorrow at 39+5 and going to beg for an early sweep. You have total sympathy from me!

I am having stern words with baby. He needs to get out!

behindthetimes Thu 13-Mar-14 11:46:30

Glad I'm not the only one. After I posted last night things got going to the extent that I was no longer capable of posting on MN shock, but after hot bath and painkillers managed to sleep 6 hours and woke up feeling fairly normal!
Best of luck to everyone else going through a similar thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now