Anyone had a baby at UHCW in Warwickshire???

(3 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Thu 06-Mar-14 11:51:12

I'm booked to have an ELCs in 2 weeks at UHCW and the Midwifery/Consultant care I have had (high risk pregnancy) has been fantastic - absolutely no complaints smile

But I'm obviously wondering what after-care is like on the ward once baby has arrived especially following an CS.

Did anyone else have their baby there???

2ndBubba Thu 06-Mar-14 15:34:21

I don't have any experience post cs recovery but I had my ds there 2 years ago. Was induced & as a result had a few complications but the staff were all fantastic. I also had trouble with feeding & there was always someone willing to help. It was really busy & they seemed pretty stretched but nobody on my ward had anything but good things to say about their care. Having said that they now have a birthing centre that opened in sept for low risk births which has taken the pressure off the labour ward. I'm now 40+ 6 with dc2 & have no worries going back smile

FlyingGoose Thu 06-Mar-14 15:45:30

I had my twins there by c.section. The surgeons brilliant, neonatal staff amazing. However some if the midwives on the post natal ward were not. I was lucky enough to have a private room, but I wouldn't have been fed if it wasn't for my partner going to get my meals. didn't get to see my babies for twenty four hours because there were no wheelchairs. My partner had to go hunting over the hospital. but eventually I took home two healthy babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now