Elcs booked and terrified!

(9 Posts)
GemGem34 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:50:40

This is my 2nd section after 12 years, booked in today for the 25 march and I'm overwhelmed with fear! I wish I didn't worry so much, as looking on google for things that could go wrong hasn't helped either!! I just need reasurrance before I drive myself insane!!

ChaffinchOfDoom Wed 05-Mar-14 19:14:57

mine's on 26th grin can't wait to get this watermelon baby out
and bring an end to HG!
my consultant did make me slightly nervous saying subsequent ELCSs are slightly more risky..and also talking seriously about sterilisation <gulp> but I'm only mid-30s so don't think I want to make such a big decision

it is a common op, and I'm sure it will go swimmingly for us!

GemGem34 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:49:47

Why was he talking about sterilisation??? I was told of risks but he never went into detail to scare me!! I know it's very common but I just feel sick! Like you I want the baby out now and to meet him! Can't wait! Good luck for you on the 26th smile

ChaffinchOfDoom Wed 05-Mar-14 21:12:19

think because it's my 3rd dc; my 2nd ELCS. did take me rather by surprise TBH, no one mentioned it before

I'm trying not to remember how much it hurt afterward

Highlystrungmum Wed 05-Mar-14 21:34:19

I'm having an ELCS on Tuesday. I'm dreading the whole thing but I've took the advise of both midwife & consultant that its best for me to do so. I'm sure we'll all be fine:-0

ChaffinchOfDoom Wed 05-Mar-14 21:46:20

the one I had was fine, like a well oiled machine. nice to have a team of people working with you rather than a harried MW zooming in and out while you're contracting - I had a VB with dd1 and it went totally tits up, hence the subsequent CS's

it's sore after, and tough as you cant life/help your own baby for the 1st day or so, but don't be shy ring the bell for the MW if you need ANYTHING

Writerwannabe83 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:29:03

My CS is booked for the 21st of March and I'm nervously excited!!!

My Consultant and Midwife both think I'm at risk of going into labour before that date though so who knows when baby will be arriving....

It is mine and DH's first baby and we can't wait!!!

I currently don't feel apprehensive about the CS at all - but I'm sure I will feel differently on the day grin

ChaffinchOfDoom Thu 06-Mar-14 12:17:13

get there nice and early; but you may find you're hanging around for hours some time esp. if an EMCS occurs - good luck writer I remember you from the march threads

GemGem34 Thu 06-Mar-14 15:37:49

I recovered well first time and hoping I will this time, not too worried about the pain just. Everything else!! Good luck to you all with your booked sections, be nice to hear from you all afterward smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now