Positive birth stories: Royal Bolton Hospital

(4 Posts)
ILoveDHIDo Wed 26-Feb-14 10:52:04

Just dropped my son off at pre-school and a lovely lady started talking about her horrendous birth at the hospital which devastatingly led to a stillbirth.

Basically, she's one of many who've warned me against the hospital and it's made me so nervous!

Any positive stories?.. I dislike scare mongers but she did mean well (I hope)

Ilovecake80 Fri 28-Feb-14 07:00:17

I haven't birthed there but I know plenty of women who have as I work in a large office in that area and all had healthy safe births. Hopefully someone will come along with some positive story's for you.

Purplelooby Sat 01-Mar-14 20:47:58

Hello yes I do smile well actually I had a horrendous birth but the staff were incredible throughout. I was never left alone in the whole 28 hours I was in the birthing room. Every midwife was adorable and one came back after her shift finished because she wanted to be with me for the birth. The whole thing turned emergency but I never felt scared because the staff were so professional. I was also looked after incredibly well in the HDU afterwards but what I will say is that the normal ward after that was very depressing.

lazydays2 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:18:02

I had my son in Royal Bolton, the delivery staff were brilliant. He was breach, so had a planned c-section but went into labour 5 days before my section date so ended up having an emergency section. The midwives were brilliant, in fact all the delivery team were great, they were amazing. I also wasn't impressed by the maternity ward, nothing horrendous, but didn't feel like they were supportive/interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now